• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Commax Excell lt-386sx - missing file

I am glad this worked for you :) And like you discovered, it is actually quite simple :) The font looks very special to me. I am on a project to collect Video-ROMs and extract fonts. I would be happy if you could dump your video rom and send it over. Here's the link to my project (already...
  2. S

MR-BIOS implementation in a 128KB BIOS image for a Packard Bell PB450 motherboard

I am 80% sure another system bios will not work. But let's give it a try. I've ran this through IDA's auto-analyze, but totally like expected, auto analyze gives me garbage in terms of what it is declaring as data, code, ... It says ~90% of the image is data, this could be, but is verly...
  3. S

Tandy 1000-series ROM font?

Okay, the next one replying to an old thread... I am in the middle of dumping hundreds of ROM-fonts from collected ROMs. I have dumped the fonts that are in "50146" (european character ROM). I am having a small problem. The two fonts in there (8x8 and 8x14) are stored on word-boundaries (every...
  4. S

Commodore 386SX-25 - Pictures

Now I finally found a keyboard in my mess and got into BIOS SETUP and more. Here I attached a picture of BIOS Setup (Award 4.20). Also I dumped the ROMs (BIOS and Video BIOS). Is it OK to attach here for public or not okay? I also made a few short videos: PacMan Clone Graphics scrambled, but...
  5. S

Acumos - Cirrus Logic, when did first CL branded chips arrive at market?

Hi, I recently got a Commodore 386SX-25 which has a CL-GD5402 with datecode 9234. It seems like Most Commodore 386SX-25 have a AVGA2 chips - which is the same, just under the old label Acumos. Wikipedia states in article about Cirrus Logic that they "completed the deal to aqcuire Acumos" in...
  6. S

Commodore 386SX-25 - Pictures

I got a Commodore 386SX-25 equipped with: 6MB RAM (4MB was original) 42MB Conner CP3000 ATA HDD 1.44MB 3,5" Floppy Cirrus Logic CL-GD5402 VGA with 512k video RAM (which is a AVGA2 after bought by cirrus) Chipset VLSI VL82C311. I have a spare SoundBlaster CT4170, an AD1848 and an ESS688 (IIRC...
  7. S

Cash Register rebuild - CPU questions (K6, K6-2, Pentium MMX)

Hi there, i have an old Logware Cash Register with a socket7 mainboard in it. When i got it, it had a Pentium 133 on it, but supports other CPUs, that i have laying around. The cash register has a weird touchscreen-display, that only supports 800x600 with 16 colors. Other modes, smaller than...
  8. S

winbond w83787if EXTADP/Extension Adapter Mode (Bus on LPT)

Hmmm is my last post (2 or 3 days ago) still not approved or is it lost? It took me quite a while to write down everything, preparing code and drawing schematics... Here's how to connect a single '273 in EXTADP mode. It listens on all 8 addresses. The the improvements over a direct parport...
  9. S

winbond w83787if EXTADP/Extension Adapter Mode (Bus on LPT)

Hi, I got a 16bit ISA controller with 2x COM, 1x LPT, 1x game, 1x IDE, 1x FD. The datasheet* tells about "Extension Adapter Mode". (Page 44, 46, 59) This is a stripped down ISA Bus with just 3 address lines. These are the signals: /XWR /XRD XD0-XD7 XA0-XA2 XIRQ XDRQ /XDACK TC 13 Signals for...
Back