• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

FMA7600 laptop adventures: repairs and stuff

I have a pair of FMA7600 laptops that both have the same specs, except one of them has no hard drive or caddy (don't know where they are at the moment or they broke months ago) and I've fixed the following issues: 1) RTC battery was dead on both of them, but I did the DGi DGi-P-90C laptop and...
  2. R

Midwest US only - Lots of hardware and a couple of systems for sale - Price range from $50-$150 local or shipped

1) IBM PS/2 Model 25-004 Color 720KB - It has cracks above the display on the outer chassis that I can fix and I believe it has 512KB RAM and I cannot recall the exact amount (I'll check after work) - asking for about $100 local pickup only (S&H costs an arm and a leg these days) 2) NIB 3Com...
  3. R

Midwest ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 w/ AMD FX-8350 and 8GB DDR3 - $70 OBO shipped

I have an ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 for sale that has an AMD FX-8350 and 8GB DDR3. The board was last used a few months ago before I upgraded to a Ryzen build. The board has no CMOS battery installed and I cleaned the CPU and heatsink off, so thermal compound is required before powering on the...
  4. R

Midwest WTB: HDD caddy for an Austin M1RC laptop and other parts for it

I have an Austin M1RC that has a few details that are minor inconveniences. 1) HDD caddy isn't present and it would make it easier to install a drive and screw it in 2) The TrackPoint is gooey and sticky and I'm not sure if the ones for the IBM ThinkPads would work theoretically speaking 3) The...
  5. R

Midwest Creative Labs Sound Blaster CT2230: $25 +S&H CONUS

USA: Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 CT2230 for sale CT1747 OPL, Level 2 Hanging Note Bug as pointed here: https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Hanging_note_bug and https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Hanging_note_bug#Bugged_.28Type_2_only.29 It only has 1 CD-ROM interface: Panasonic/Creative...
  6. R

Midwest ASUS P3B-F + Pentium 3 800/256/100 - $35 + S&H or local pickup

I have an ASUS P3B-F board with an Intel Pentium III-800/256/100 for sale. I haven't tested anything since I ran out of SD-RAM chips and power supplies. The one bracket the CPU slides into is missing 2 pieces of plastic that keeps the slider installed into the motherboard, however, with the top...
  7. R

Midwest Pentium III 800/256/100/1.65 SL457 Slot 1 for sale: $50 + S&H or local pickup

I have a a Slot 1 Intel Pentium 3 800 SL457 for sale since money is tight yet again. It hasn't been tested yet since the board it was on needs new capacitors at this time. Asking for $50 + S&H or local pickup CONUS
  8. R

Midwest For Sale: Intel Celeron 1.4/256/100/1.5 : $30 + S&H or local pickup

Got an Intel Celeron 1.4/256/100/1.5V for sale. It's in alright condition. Asking for $30 + S&H or local pickup (CONUS).
  9. R

Midwest For sale Roland SC-88: $150 + S&H or local pickup

For sale: Roland SC-88 with a MIDI cable (also doubles as an AT keyboard cable for the older KVS switch box that has a 5-pin DIN connector). Tested it back in 2021 and it has been tested today to make sure it's functional. The only item I haven't tested is the serial port as I don't have a...
  10. R

Midwest NEC CDR-C251 NIB - $80 OBO

For sale - NEC CDR-C251 NIB never been opened. Got it last year off of eBay for $50 + S&H and I've never opened it or tested it. My financial state isn't well at this time and I have a lot of bills coming out on Monday. I'll post pictures on here on Sunday the 15th after I get back home...
  11. R

Midwest Creative Labs DVD5240E: $40 OBO

Currently selling a Creative Labs DVD5240E IDE DVD-ROM drive that I got from shopgoodwill.com (came with a bunch of random hardware). Preferred shipping CONUS or local pickup. I plugged in a power supply to test the drive and it spins up and I do hear the disc being spun around. However, my...
  12. R

Midwest Commodore ZoomFloppy assembled

If anyone is interested in a Commodore ZoomFloppy, here's your chance. I don't have a Commodore 64/128, a 1541/1571 floppy drive, or a mini USB cable to test this unit. It came with a bunch of random hardware from shopgoodwill.com (was mostly interested in the dual Teac FD-505 for my Compaq...
  13. R

Compaq Portable 286: repairs, testing, and other items

I got a Compaq Portable 286 from eBay and arrived in 1 piece (thanks to the seller for packing it like a tank) and it had 1 issue that needed to get addressed: power cycling due to a sticking MFM Miniscribe 20MB HDD. I disconnected the power from the drive, the data cables, and removed the...
  14. R

Commodore Colt (PC-III): cleaning, repairs, and testing

Welcome to another retro PC restoration and testing thread. On this episode of retro PC repairs: the one and only Commodore Colt PC. Specs of the system: Siemens 8088 10MHz 8087 FPU unknown amount of RAM 360KB DD FDD 20MB Seagate XTA hard drive The battery had leaked, unfortunately, however...
  15. R

NCR 5130 0350 TFT - not POSTing, but it blips from the speaker

Got a 486 NCR 5130 Model 0350 that doesn't show anything on the screen when I turn it on. I do hear blips from the speaker and I've yet to crack it open since it's the holidays and I have company over, plus, my kitchen needs to get the floor all done. The display itself is in good condition and...
  16. R

Kopak/Clevo 5400D laptop adventures and woes

I tested the newly acquired laptop that has an integrated game pad (D-pad + 4 buttons) that has a crappy DSTN display (pain in the pinfeathers) and sadly, both the floppy drive and the CD drive aren't working (well, the head doesn't move with a diskette inserted, but it sounds like it's moving...
  17. R

Gravis Ultrasound MAX 2.1 won't get setup in DOS or Windows 95 properly or at all

I got myself a GUS Max 2.1 from shopgoodwill.com and nothing was missing or broken. However, when I installed it in my 486 desktop to go along with my Sound Galaxy NX Pro 16 (also switched to the Snark Barker SB 1.5 clone afterwards), the files install without issues, except the setup program...
  18. R

Toshiba Satellite Pro T2150CDT adventures: testing and repairs

So I got this Holy Grail 486 laptop that has a double-speed CD-ROM integrated (works), the original external floppy drive (not reading anything and the ribbon cable is messed up on one side, will order a new one), ES688 + OPL3, TFT Active, 520MB HDD with Windows 98SE (making a clicking noise...
  19. R

FMA7600 laptop: where will I find the appropriate PSU?

I have purchased a laptop that has the FCC ID FMA7600 and no make or model, other than NanTan/Clevo/Gericom when I looked up the FCC ID. In any event, it's a Pentium 75 machine, unknown RAM, storage, and so on since it has no power supply for it, sadly. It does have a diskette drive and the...
  20. R

Wyse WY-2108 adventures: diagnostics, upgrades, and woes

This thread is about the Wyse WY-2108 computer system: diagnostics, upgrades, and current issues. I received the system about a week or two ago and did some testing to see why it had no video and the video works (monochrome video). The keyboard was a pain in the rear to get going since the...
Back