• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Reviving an Orchid PCturbo 286e Accelerator Card

I have two non-working PCturbo accelerator boards that I’ve been trying to revive. These boards are particularly interesting as they do not use a cable to connect to the CPU socket but are instead able to control the 8088 and use it for I/O. On startup the PCturbo board holds the 286 in reset...
  2. T

Trying to revive "dead" 5160 motherboard

Hi all, I’m having issues with the 64-256KB motherboard in my IBM 5160. It was working fine a few months a go but when I went to power it on recently, the fan turned in the PSU but nothing came up on the display, instead it made a continuous buzzing sound. I’ve taken the motherboard out and...
  3. T

Orchid Tiny Turbo 286 (non-working)

I have an Orchid Tiny Turbo without the cable or daughtercard that I'm trying to get going. I was able to source what I think is a functional equivalent for the daughtercard, that has the pin locations correct. I've also made a cable to connect to the CPU socket and can now start my 5160 with...
  4. T

Faulty IBM 5151

I was recently given a faulty IBM 5151 monitor. It powers on fine and has good brightness levels but the horizontal view has collapsed to a narrow strip in the centre of the screen. The picture below is trying to display a directory listing but each file name is shrunk to a blob. Has anyone...
Back