• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Talk About Vintage Computers......

5.25-inch floppy disks expected to help run San Francisco trains until 2030 "We have a technical debt that stretches back many decades." Read in Ars Technica: https://apple.news/An_Y0mTlXRHO4o0y4QFm2lg
  2. D

Commodore PET 2001-8 Question

I have a PET 2001-8 with a 320008 board. My question is: what is the purpose of the red LED on the board? Mine does not illuminate. Computer does not boot. Just get a random character screen. Thanks! Don
  3. D

Datasette Tape Head Alignment Program

Does anyone know of a Datasette Tape Head Alignment program for the PET 2001-8? I have seen them for the C64 and the VIC-20 but not the PET. I do not have a C64 or VIC-20 so I can't go that route. Thank you. Don
  4. D

Commodore Pet 2001-8 Question

Does anyone know the thread size and style of the lid (hood) lockdown screws? Thanks, Don
  5. D

What Board is this?

I purchased a PET 2001-8 with a board that I do not recognize. The makers name on both boards (including the small one on the right top) are marked SKYLES ELECTRIC WORKS. I tried searching for this particular board but can't seem to locate it. Any ideas? Thanks, Don
  6. D

What is this?

Can anyone tell me what this board is and what its function is? Thanks, Don
  7. D

California WTB: TRS-80 Model III CRT

I am looking to buy a working RCA 12VCLP4 CRT Tube for my Model III. Thanks, Don
  8. D

California Apple III ROM

Looking for an Apple III ROM chip 341(or 342)-0031. Either that or what type of EPROM would I use to make one? Thanks, Don
  9. D

California Otrona 96 TPI Boot Disks Needed

Anyone have an Otrona Attache Boot Disk in 96 TPI Format? Thank you, Don
  10. D

OTRONA Attache 96 TPI Boot Disk Needed

Does anyone have an Otrona Attache Boot Disk in 96 TPI Format? Happy to pay for a copy. Thank you, Don
  11. D

California Otrona Attache Boot Disk Wanted

Can anyone copy or create an Otrona Attache Boot Disk? Happy to pay for the service. Thanks, Don
  12. D

Otrona Attache

Can anyone make a boot disk for the Otrona? Happy to pay. Thank you, Don
  13. D

California FREE HP Visualize C240 Computer

I have a Hewlett Packard Visualize C240 Computer that I am giving away. I cannot get the case to open so bear that in mind. Lots of good parts including the CD unit. I will not ship this so please do not ask. I can recommend a company that will pick it up and ship it...
  14. D

Mac 128K Error Code Help

I have a Mac 128K with a Sad Mac Error Code of 040009 upon boot. I know it is a RAM chip buy which one? Thanks, Don
  15. D

RAM Chip Replacement Services Needed

I have a Mac 128K Logic Board out of a Drexel Mac that shows a Sad Mac error Code of 04009. I opened it up and someone has done a strange job of replacing some RAM. I have another 128K board that has original Apple RAM chips in it so I need that swapped onto the Drexel board. Can anyone help...
  16. D

Need Help with an ICL Model 30

I have an ICL Model 30 computer with a bad power supply unit. Rather than repair it I am trying to adapt a modern PSU. The power connector is shown in the photos below. Does anyone have a technical manual, schematic, etc that would show the pin outs for this power connector? Thank you, Don
  17. D

Help with an ICL Personal Computer Model 30

I just acquired an ICL Model 30 computer with a monitor and printer. It is a 240V model. I used a Variac and a step up voltage converter to bring it up to proper voltage. The monitor and printer came to life. The computer fan turned on but I get no response from the computer - hard drive and...
  18. D

For Sale on Ebay DEC PDP 11/23

I have a DEC PDP 11/23 as a Buy it Now on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274768362799 Thank you! Don
  19. D

WTB IBM 5170 Power Supply Switch Bezel

I am looking for an IBM AT Model 5170 On-Off Switch Bezel. Mine was destroyed in shipping. It is the black plastic piece that is marked On-Off and surrounds the red power switch. It is part of the power supply so if you have a non-working PS and can sell me the switch bezel for a reasonable...
  20. D

DEC PDP 11/23 on Ebay

I have a DEC PDP 11/23 Packaged System for auction on Ebay if anyone is interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274726348044 Thank you! Don
Back