• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Desperado

CBM PET 710 WITH BASIC PROBLEMS

Good evening everyone, how are you? I've been missing from the forum for a while because I've been away from retrocomputers for a while. I bought an old Cbm Pet 710, I replaced the two Rifa capacitors in the power supply, because they had burned out. Now it turns on regularly but if I type a...
  2. Desperado

Mattel Aquarius Psu

Hi guys, i am here again because i need help for my Aquarius retro computer. The power supply was broken on the primary circuit and i need a New psu. Can someone help me to build a New one please? Maybe with on or two little Dc Dc converter.... These are the voltages that i need. Thanks!
  3. Desperado

Desperation with Sharp MZ-80A ?

Hi guys, meanwhile I'm waiting for my friend @antony to finish the PCB design for the pet64, I bought this strange vintage Sharp computer. I turned it on but it wouldn't turn on, so I opened the case and found two broken fuses. I ordered them on Amazon and they will arrive tomorrow...I'm afraid...
  4. Desperado

C64 IN PET S' CASE

hello guys, how are you? we haven't heard from you for some time... I wanted to ask you for some advice, I'd like to insert a commodore 64 in the case of a cbm Pet ( like Commodore educator in picture )... keyboard and motherboard.. what worries me is the possibility of using the crt of the pet...
  5. Desperado

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM 1 WHITE NOISE SOUND

Hi guys, this time i am here to solve an enigmatic problem on my friend's SMS 1 console. Console works fine but i can't hear any sound....i hear only a white noise sound.... I connected this console with RF antenna cable. I opened the chassis and i'm changing all capacitors but i don't know if...
  6. Desperado

CMB PET 3032 ( 2001N BOARD )

Hi guys for your happiness ( I hope ) I'm back with a new pet! :ROFLMAO: I have black screen on this Cbm, i also checked voltages on the four voltage reg. and they are fine with -5, +5, +5 and +12 V. I checked cpu pin 7 and i have high signal....i also checked Cpu pin 40 but i have always low...
  7. Desperado

VECTREX WITH DESPERATION

Hello guys, i'm here again because i need your precious help! I bought an old Vectrex console, when i turn on the console i can see only a white dot, more or less in the middle of the screen.. I can hear sound ad music....sometimes this dot collapse in a corner... Anyone know what it could be...
  8. Desperado

CBM PET UPPERCASE WRITING

Hello, I wanted to ask a stupid question probably... Why do some PETs have the basic writing in uppercase and others in lowercase? Also some write in lowercase and others in uppercase... is this normal? Thanks so much!
  9. Desperado

CBM PET 3032 STRANGE BOOT

Good evening everyone and sorry for the inconvenience, I'm here to just ask for information.. I sold one of my CBM PET 3032 to a boy, before sending it it worked well... Now when the boy turns it on he has this problem: only the writing comes out READY but the Basic writings are not visible. I...
  10. Desperado

Pet 2001N horizontal line

Ho guys i am here again for this 2001N pet. When i turn on i can see only a horizontal line on screen. I scoped video connector on board and i can see a waveform only on pin 5, horizontal signal. On pin 1 i have a 4,3V signal and 4,5V on pin 3.
  11. Desperado

DESPERATE CBM 8032 WITH BAD SCREEN

Hi guys, i'm here again with my new Pet 8032. I bought it from a gentleman who had it in the cellar, apart from a nice crack on the case, it lights up. However it shows a confusing screen with strange symbols. Maybe I'm wrong, but my experience leads me to think of bad video ram ... how about it...
  12. Desperado

CPC 6128 BAD KEYBOARD

Good morning and Happy 2023 from Italy, I write this post to ask help, it's a CPC6128, when I turn it on, it writes the characters by itself, some keys write two characters instead of one and some don't work . I have opened and cleaned the membrane and the small springs under the keys, I have...
  13. Desperado

C64 ASSY 250425 BLACK SCREEN

Good evening guys i have a Commodore 64, when i turn on i can see only black screen...i changed Vic chip but i have always black screen...i removed Sid chip but same....i removed both CIA ics but nothing changes.. Possible found fault with scope please? Thanks so much!
  14. Desperado

Northern Europe CBM PET KEY SPARE

Good morning guys, i am looking for a full key for my cbm pet, the key i need is "OFF RVS". Does anyone have it for sale? It should be shipped to Italy...Thanks!
  15. Desperado

NOT WORKING CBM 3032

Hi guys, i am trying to repair this rusty Cbm of my friend! I removed and washed main board and i measured voltges from power supply connector (J8): I have 18 VAC between pin 1 and 5 and 2 VDC on pin 2 and 4. Correct? Thanks!
  16. Desperado

CBM PET REPAIR

Hi guys, i am back to try repair this Pet myself. No desperation, right?? When i bought this pet, the power cord had been cut... So i replaced with a New one. Now i washed the mainboard.... When it s dry i ll try to plug it in and turn it on....
  17. Desperado

I AM DESPERATE!

Good evening guys, i am desperate now!! I bought this rare retro computer, it turns on but connecting with its antenna cable, you see very badly and sometimes I can't even tune the channel .... I tried to connect a composite to the video output but you can't see anything .. can you help me please?
  18. Desperado

DATASSETTE RECORD IN MOD

Hi everyone, I know that it is possible to solder a jack on the Datassette recorder board. In this way it would be possible to record games from a PC or smartphone, directly on cassette. I looked for a while on the net but there is a lot of confusion and I didn't quite understand where to solder...
  19. Desperado

Pet 8296D no signs of life

Hi guys, I want to open this thread to try to repair this old 8296D that I had in the basement for quite some time.. I tried to turn it on but nothing happens, not even the power supply fan is spinning. So I opened the transformer cover and saw that there is a component or maybe two that have...
  20. Desperado

Cbm dual drive 3040 disk - two red lights

Good evening guys!!!! I am desperate now!!! I connected my 3040 cbm dual drive to my (now) working 2001N Pet but when i turn on, i can see only the two red leds...central led remains off :(( I followed this Sirius suggests: It might not be the drive which is faulty. It is not unusual for there...
Back