• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Mac LC series assembler?

What is the best assembler IDE for the LC series? LC III if that matters, but I would like to play with the 68k CPU, just very new to the classic Macs and not sure where to start?
  2. M

Tandy CM-11 Monitor Question

I got a very nice TL/2 + CM-11 set, however I have an issue - the standard DOS text looks pretty fuzzy. It's right next to a TRS-80 Model 4GA, and the green text is very sharp and clean next to the CM-11. I opened it up and adjusted the focus control, but it was already set at clearest setting...
  3. M

TRS-80 Model 4 drive behavior

Is it normal for the Model 4 to run the motor on both floppy drives any time I access one of the drives? For example, doing DIR :0 will spin up both drives, and they both stop spinning at the same time.
  4. M

Gotek faceplate for Model 4

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D-printed/custom made faceplate to install a Gotek drive into a floppy drive bay? Thanks!
  5. M

Fan direction on TRS-80 Five Meg Disk System

As the title says, does anyone know what direction should the airflow be in the hard drive enclosure? Mine came blowing air in from the back. Not used to this kind of set up, plus it gets a little breezy when having it on! Service manual doesn't say anything about it...
  6. M

Building NuXT 2.0

I have finally ordered my NuXT 2.0. While I've done few 5150 and 5160 restorations, I want to get this set up as a programming rig, to see what I can achieve with a 9.55MHz V20 and Trident VGA. I am planning on what to get, and would like to hear some suggestions: 1. What case have you found...
  7. M

10MHz 8088 fast enough for VGA Mode 13h?

As the title says, is a Turbo 8088 (or NEC V20) fast enough to make the Mode 13h chunky 320x200 usable, or is VGA just not a good match? I am specifically looking to play around with programming games, etc. as a “new” platform moving from Commodore 64. I know VGA doesn’t have any of the...
  8. M

Best '86/'286 PC for VGA graphics

I am looking to get an early 16-bit class (nothing over '286) PC that had good implementation of VGA, preferably small and quiet, and with ability to mount a CF card for storage. So far I came up with Tandy 1000RLX, but I'm not sure I want to dive into all the fun Tandy quirks, even though RLX...
  9. M

Cleaning and caring for Apple IIe Platinum keyboard

I have seen few different suggestions for cleaning the keyboardm differening on which Apple II keyboard it is. Mine is a IIe Platinum, with 4 keys not working. Something was spilled a while back, one key is super sticky, the other 3 just don't work. Is that keyboard safe to wash in destilled...
  10. M

WTB: QuickPAD Pro

Looking for a mint-condition QuickPAD Pro. thanks!
  11. M

FS: Tandy 1000HX / 1000EX Memory PLUS Expansion card, fully populated - LAST ONE!

My last one, get it while it's hot! Just in time for spring break! :) https://www.ebay.com/itm/253482901452?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
  12. M

FS: Tandy 1000HX / 1000EX Memory PLUS Expansion card, fully populated

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253438152040?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
  13. M

So what am I missing here?

Just ended: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandy-102-Radio-Shack-Portable-Computer-Laptop-26-3803-Mint-in-box-power-supply/152897142799?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&autorefresh=true and this one...
  14. M

Power supply fan in the 1000HX

On my quest to upgrade and modernize my HX, I want to replace the PS fan with something quieter. Does anyone know what should the minimum CFM be? If I put a Noiseblocker fan with a 14CFM, would that be enough? Any other recommendations for a quiet fan?
  15. M

Are Tandy 1400LT floppy drives compatible with 1000HX?

Can I just remove them and swap into my 1000HX, or is not as simple?
  16. M

XT-IDE Rev 4 on 1000HX

Has anyone mounted it successfully with a 90 degree adapter, or is it too big?
  17. M

Second floppy drive for 1000HX

I would like to find a second floppy drive for my 1000HX, as trying to use it with a single 720K drive is an exercise in frustration, and my PLUS to ISA to IDE to CF dream is still missing few parts... Does anyone have one for sale or trade? Ideally not the long button version, as my HX has a...
  18. M

Putting Tandy 102 back together

I just got a like-new 102, and decided to open her up to see the condition of the battery. Now I'm trying to put it back together, and I'm about to give up... The LCD can be laid flat on top of the black paper that separates the motherboard from it, but the keyboard is another story. No matter...
Back