• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Modems!

I don't know if it should be here or in the other section but... If you need a dial up modem for your computer, but don't know where to get a serial or ISA modem, and you don't want to turn to ebay. You can get them from newegg.com still. I'm pretty sure they are either old leftover stock, or...
  2. S

Macintosh IIvx

I have a macintosh IIvx I played around with for a little bit. Its in really good condition, no yellowing, it has a matching monitor, keyboard, mouse, and 14.4K global village modem. Has the 80MB hard drive, floppy drive, caddy cd drive, and some sort of Nubus networking card (i think,). Has...
  3. S

Quantex conversion

I have a old quantex that has just a pentium 1 75mhz, and I was thinking about gutting it and converting it to ATX form factor. I am tired of looking at my computers current case. But I never get tired of looking at the quantex case. I think it is just cool looking, but with most quantex's, it...
  4. S

Imasi 8080?

I just got done watching wargames, and it the movie mathew brodrick has a computer in his room called and IMSAI 8080, now i know there are IMSAI's, but was there ever a model 8080? It has two 8" floppies on the bottom, and lots of switches and lights on the front, and apparently a modem because...
  5. S

dying power supply?

I have a quantex with a Am486dx4-S 120mhz and im thinking of gutting it and using the case for a retro styling case for my gaming computer, it has a little mhz display on the front. I think it runs on 5v power, but i took my volt meter and hooked it up to the leads for it (it runs on a special...
  6. S

WIFI SD card

Does anyone have a SD WIFI 802.11b wireless card? I need one for my toshiba Pocket pc e800, only had built in bluetooth.
  7. S

Same DSI troubles!!!

I started up the DSI 386 today to see if maybe it will decide to format the hard drive, or see it at all in ms-dos. So I checked the drive perameters in the bios to the drive perameters printed on the hard drive. All match, jumpers are set just fine, but when I go into a ms-dos 6.22 start up...
  8. S

Novus 850 Calculator

I don't know if this belongs in here, but i just found a old Novus 850 in my grandpa's shop, still had the original battery in it, (needless to say, that didn't work,) but i cleaned it up and put a new 9v in it, and it works flawlessly. Upon some research, i found this was made in 1975, has an...
  9. S

Macintosh IIvx

I have an old macintosh IIvx I don't need anymore, moving, and its just taking up space, I don't know if its really old or not, but im sure someone might want it (maybe...), comes with mouse, keyboard, and monitor. Motorola 68030 32mhz processor, says it has 20,480K of built in ram, 12,288K...
  10. S

Gaming machine

Anyone else here built their own gaming computer? I was into it for a while, now its second fiddle to old computers. Heres what I got, I still take it to Lan parties, and game it up on Call of Duty 4. AMD athlon 64 3200+ 2.2 oc'd to 2.4ghz socket 754 ECS Elitegroup RS482-M754 2GB Gskill...
  11. S

My favorite computer

Is this - Im pretty sure its a DEC (says digital equipment corporation on the front in the picture,) does anyone happen to have one of these beauties? Know the specs, how you work with it? etc...
  12. S

Worst scratched hard drive ever

I opened up the old 1gb hd that was in my 386dsi, and discovered this: it seems it only effected the top platter! No wonder it didn't work quite right.
  13. S

what version of dos?

I fired up the old pcjr today, and im pretty sure it is really old, I think it has IBM PCDOS 1.0 or something, heres some screen pics, first one is it without the ibm basic cartridge, the second with it in. without cartridge with cartridge
  14. S

HDD controller failure

My DSI 386DX is coughing up errors (again) I bought a new 210mb and 8mb ram, and now it is coughing up new errors, it seems after i put the new ram in and hd, now it says wait... after post for about 5 mins, then says "HDD controller failure hit F1 to continue", so i do. Then it starts to read...
  15. S

286 Ibm?

In my manufacturing tech class at my high school, my instructer has a couple small metal lathes that are controlled by this old IBM computer. He says it has a 486DX2, but the model number says 286-30. I can't get a good look at it because Im all the way across the workshop on the mills, but...
  16. S

Pccheck on a p3?

I downloaded Pccheck from the discussion "12mhz?" and tried to run it on my gaming computer, but i don't have a ps/2 keyboard hooked up (only works if you plug it in before it boots,) so i tried it on my old Dell L866r computer i use to make floppies. Specs: Pentium 3 866mhz (16K+16K, 256K...
  17. S

Old software-useful or useless?

I have some old software I got from my advanced placement high school, they had a back room full of old computers and software. I have the following: Microsoft windows 3.1 (5.25" 1.2m), no disks, only box and documentation Learning and using dbase III plus (for your 16bit ibm or compatable)...
  18. S

win 98 boot disk trouble

Im using a windows 98 boot disk i downloaded and made to format the hd on my dsi and other things, but it is being unreasonable. The hard drive is very clearly marked as C: in the bios, but when you type Format C:, it just says "invalid drive specification", so i try C, C:\ C:\>, all of those...
  19. S

Inport Mouse?

I was rummaging thorugh a pile of old computer parts, and i found a old Microsoft mouse, but it uses a weird connector. Its small and circular, a bit bigger than ps/2 connectors, but it has 9 pins (3 rows, top is 2, middle is 4, bottom is 3) Or is might be the other way around, bottom 2, middle...
  20. S

Back on the forums

Hi all, I joined the forums about a year ago, then i got out of old computers and built my gaming computer (AMD athlon 64 3200+ 2.4ghz, 2gb Gskill DDR-400, Nvidia 8600GT 512mb, 80gb WDC, 80gb Samsung, 320gb WDC, ECS elitegroup RS482-M754,) anyways, im back into old computers. Heres what...
Back