• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Atari 600XL, lifted keyboard ribbon trace

I'm working on getting my Atari 800xl & 600xl fixed up for the VCF East Atari classes. 3 of my 4 have weird issues but I'll start with the keyboard on the 600XL. I just noticed that one of the traces seems to come off the plastic ribbon. I've see someone use a drop of crazy glue to put it back...
  2. N

New owner of a Thomson TO8-D motherboard

Took a chance on a Thompson TO8-D motherboard. I like Motorola chips and I always wanted one and now I'm part way there. ;-) I have no keyboard (this may be a problem) but I have information on the rest of the board. I need to connect a 5v0/12v0 power supply and I need a SCART interface. I...
  3. N

What I got (myself) for Christmas! :)

As many of you are familiar with, getting Christmas goodies related to our hobby is very difficult as our loved ones don't understand the hobby and let's face face it we do have our niches. So one of mine has been Single Board Computers I've worked with or intended to work with (can't much more...
  4. N

Assembling Grant Searle's ExBasROM.asm and burning to ROM?

Short: How did you burn the ExBasROM (modified CoCo BASIC) into the SBC's 16K ROM? Not how you used an PROM burner, I have lots of experience with that but how did you fit the file (which is starting at $007C, not $DB00) into the 16K ROM (which starts at $C000)? Long: I've built a Grant Searle...
  5. N

Glitchworks 8085 ROM image for the CP/M CF card interface

I'm assembling my Glitchworks 8085 board which I purchased back in 2018. I have the CF interface and the CP/M loaded on the CF (I hope). I have the link to the Github site but I don't see how to assemble the firmware to work with the CF card interface and boot to CP/M. Any pointers to assembled...
  6. N

UniFlex User Documentation?

I'm building several of Bob's (Corsham Tech) SS50 setups. I actually have a 6800 (will run Flex), 6809 (will run NitrOS9) and a 6809 (will run UniFlex). I have the source code to UniFlex and I'm working out how to build the images (disks) from the source but I don't have a User Guide. Does...
  7. N

SS50 Floppy interfaces?

What was the most common floppy chip used by SS50 systems? I plan to build a few systems.
  8. N

Exorciser type boards, where do I get the slots

I'm a little unhappy on losing a bid on 11 CMS boards (6809/ Exorciser type boards). Well I didn't want to spend that much money (okay I'm cheap ;-)). But I did find an EPROM Emulator so I can now write a rom monitor the for boards I do have. While I'm at it where can I find the EXORciser type...
  9. N

6809 and Dynamic Address Translation (DAT)

I have some documents on the SWTPC DAT (Dynamic Address Translation) but I don't quite understand it. I understand that you write something to 0xFFFx and it selects one of 0xFF 4k blocks but the circuit I see reads the address lines and not the memory locations. Does anyone have a decent...
  10. N

Toshiba T1000SE, Does anyone know how to replace backlight?

I've managed to get my T1000SE to boot and I'd like to be able to use it as a dumb terminal. I forgot how nice a machine this was but now I can't read the screen. Contrast works, but brightness doesn't. Has anyone replaced the backlight in a T1000SE? Thanks
  11. N

Any information on Exorset bus?

I have several boards that seem to match the Exorset bus (similar to Exorcisor Bus for the Motorola 6800 boards). I have the Exorcisor info but I can't find the Exorset info. Any pointers?
  12. N

Hi, I'm a vintage-holic ... ;-)

I actually didn't know how bad I was until I started cleaning up and found a bunch of interesting stuff. First if anyone was at VCF East a few weeks ago I was one of two gentlemen that ran the 'How to solder' exhibit (the older of the two). So lets see, first computer Atari 800xl. Mod'd with...
Back