• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

The Digital Group Computer - Is Anyone Familiar With This Tape?

I picked up a Digital Group system 4 earlier this year (so the computer, keyboard, phideck, printer and monitor all together) and received a large box of tapes along with it. Some of these I recognize, and thankfully Phimon is part of the group, but there's an enormous number of tapes here...
  2. D

Mid Atlantic For Sale: IBM 5150 PC

Clearing out a few more pieces in my collection - I'd like to part with this IBM 5150. It currently has an MDA, CGA, Joystick and Floppy card with it and does work, or at least it did the last time I used it a few years ago. I also have a 5151 monochrome monitor, 5152 printer, 5153 CGA monitor...
  3. D

Mid Atlantic Is Anyone Interested in a Meca Alpha-1 Tape Drive Setup?

I think these are meant to go with an S-100 card that I don't have, though I got mine with a Digital Group machine so maybe they're also PhiDeck compatible? Working condition is unknown, but cosmetically it's in decent shape. I think one of the toggle switches needs to be replaced. I have no...
  4. D

TRS-80 Screen Printer - Are There Schematics Out There?

I need to build a cable for mine as part of the restoration project, but there's some discrepancies between the expansion port on the Model 1 and the Screen printer. Namely, the Model 1 port is a 40 contact card edge and the printer has 50, so this clearly isn't a one to one setup. Does anyone...
  5. D

APF Imagination Machine - 4108 Replacement and some Newbie Questions

Hi all, Emboldened by the realization that APF graced the Imagination Machine with socketed chips, I've decided to try and get mine working. Currently, the M-1000 console is fully functional, and when I plug in my RAM cartridge I can see the title screen no problem. However, upon boot up, I'm...
  6. D

TRS-80 Model 1 - Downgrade Level II Machine to Level 1

Hi all, I've been on a journey to acquire a Level 1 TRS-80 Model 1 for 5 or so years now. It started with an original TRS-80 Model 1 Level 1 machine which was smashed in shipping, went through several technicians who attempted a repair but managed to make things worse on the board and has now...
  7. D

Coleco Adam Repair - Any Advice/Tips

I seem to be fighting a losing battle with my Coleco Adam. What started out as a trip to replace a broken monitor port that had been passing a grainy image before snapping apart entirely has now lead to my computer barely passing a monochrome image over RF, still no improvement on my monitor...
  8. D

Any Tricks to Distinguish a Compucolor 8001 from an Intercolor 8001?

I may have an opportunity to pick up several Compucolor 8001 units. The seller has multiple cards, keyboards, the units themselves, plus some 8 inch floppies and associated software. From what I understand the Compucolor is an Intercolor with an extra board installed to add Basic. I doubt this...
  9. D

Free (Buyer Pays Shipping) Vintage Computers for Parts/Repair

Hi all, Since I've been collecting I've acquired a few computer pieces that I would consider unsellable, or at least not worth the time it would take to sell them. I'm looking to get rid of them and gain some space back. I was going to just throw them out, but I figured someone may want some...
  10. D

Heathkit H8 Controller Card Replacement Connector/Pin

Hi all, I've been restoring a Heathkit H8 and, unfortunately, have run into an issue with the disk drive controller card. It looks like one of the pins has snapped off. I found the other half inside the machine, but I'm trying to decide what I need to do to repair or replace this thing. Is...
  11. D

I Have Been Blessed with VideoBrain Documentation

And a lot of it. Much of which I believe has been missing. I recently purchased a complete VideoBrain system from a seller in Maryland. I mean complete, including the switchbox, all manuals, all boxes and both expanders. Apparently he was also a member of the VideoBrain Interest Group back in...
  12. D

PCjr - A Few Questions, Possibly a Repair Thread

I just picked up an IBM PCjr. Came with pretty much every major accessory, plus a few games. I'm having a few issues with it, though, and I'm not sure if it's from user error or something actually wrong with the system. Probably the oddest problem is the keyboard. Mine came with a "non working"...
  13. D

Resources for Commodore PET 2001 Software?

I'm hunting for some cassette software to run on my 1977 Commodore PET 2001, preferably an online resource that lists .tap or .wav files specifically for the original PET. I tried downloading a database that contains a bunch of games but as far as I can tell it's for a later PET model. I...
  14. D

Commodore PET 2001 RAM adapter?

I've got an early Commodore PET 2001 that needs a few parts. The Ram/Rom had gone bad, and I replaced those with one of the Rom/Ram replacement boards from Tynemouth Software (https://www.tindie.com/products/tynemouthsw/romram-replacement-board-for-commodore-pet/) which got it booting. However...
  15. D

WTB: 1979 Style Atari 800 empty Cabinet or Parts Unit

Looking for a spare cabinet for mine. The previous owner drilled holes all over it to run mods into it, and I'm trying to fine one in good condition. Thanks!
  16. D

Looking for Someone to Fix my TRS-80 and Coleco Adam

Anyone near Washington DC/on the East Coast United States do this? Technically I can ship, but the closer the better. I've got a Model 1 (Level 1) TRS-80 that needs some work. One of the keys is bad (I have a parts keyboard to pull from), the keyboard cable could probably use replacing, and it...
Back