• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Setting RUBOUT key on RT-11?

Hey guys, I'm running RT-11/V4 in SIMH. Is there a way to reset the backspace key to emit a proper 0x7F delete? -Thom
  2. T

SimH throttle speeds versus actual PDP-11 systems?

Has somebody put together notes or a table on matching throttle speeds to approximate CPU speeds of DEC systems for SimH? I know it's not exact, but am curious as to just how accurate we can get? -Thom
  3. T

COIN-OP CENTIPEDE! Demonstrating Atari's in-house development tools!

In this #retrocomputing #archaeology series video, we show how the tools at #ATARI coin-op worked, in-context. We modify Centipede, assemble, link, and create new EPROMs with our changes. #retrogaming #gamedev
  4. T

Atari 2600 and 5200 Game development using a cross assembler on an IMSAI 8080

This video shows the process of doing #gamedev using other, larger systems to develop software for the #Atari 2600 and 5200 game consoles using a cross assembler. This example contrasts a cross assembler from Sorcim running on #Atari8bit and #S100 hardware. Enjoy. #retrocomputing #retrogaming
  5. T

[yt] Video showing a deep dive into the earliest to date copy of 86-DOS 0.11.

This video gives an in-depth look at what is currently the oldest known copy of 86-DOS, the antecedent to #MSDOS aka #PCDOS, where we go through the process of moving from CP/M, translating Z80 to 8086 code, and assembling it. Since this DOS predates the IBM PC, it must be simulated via #SIMH as...
  6. T

Texas [wtb] Frobco "The Frob" FROB-26 or -52 Cartridge development system for Apple ][.

Hi. I am trying to put together a comprehensive series of videos on how game cross-development for consoles was done in the early 1980s, and am looking for a Frob development system, which consists of a Romulator, an EPROM burner, assembler, and monitor. I know at least one person in our...
  7. T

Making MAC macros for other processor instruction sets, anyone done this?

This was a very common thing to do in software shops, but I'm wondering if anyone kept their macros for e.g. 6502 to be used with a macro assembler like DRI MAC? This is because, I'm putting together production notes for a video showing how cross system development was done professionally. -Thom
  8. T

Need help adapting a drive parameter block

Hi guys, Am adapting Coleco Adam CP/M to handle larger drives. The sector access method does not change at all, as it can easily address a 1024 byte block as a 32-bit quantity. So in theory I should be able to simply adjust the DPB: But I've fallen flat on my face. Method used: Create 8mb...
  9. T

Attempted a VGA LCD panel replacement for GRiDCASE 1530 with CIRRUS card?

For those of us with Cirrus cards, has anyone attempted a VGA panel replacement? This is something that should be explored, as the B/W LCD panels on these systems are slowly depolarizing. -Thom
  10. T

Using 2MB or 4MB SIPPs in 1530?

Has anyone tried to use 2MB or 4MB SIPP sticks in a 1530? -Thom
  11. T

State of MAME gridcomp emulation.

Thus far, the most stable mame driver for compass is the grid1101. It can boot CCOS 3.1.0 just fine, and run most of the user applications. However, because it only has 256K, it can't run GRiDDevelop or the compilers. I really need this. The grid1139 driver looks great, but is missing the...
  12. T

InteGRiD 3.3.1 user and development environment uploaded to the Internet Archive.

I have uploaded a complete InteGRiD user and development environment to the Internet Archive. It's here: https://archive.org/details/integrid-dev-env It is designed to run in MAME, so it can be used by the IA's Emularity, but I need to work with someone there to set the appropriate metadata so...
  13. T

gridcase display panel reveng?

Figured i'd ask, before descending down this rabbit hole: Has anyone done/started on any reverse engineering of the display and the relationship to the vidrom connector yet? I really want to replace the god awful LCD panels on my VGA units. -Thom
  14. T

GRiD-OS Development Tools resurrected. Wrote UA 571-C Remote Sentry Weapon terminal display (from Aliens) as test case.

Well, I had to test the development environment, somehow! Big thanks to @tr1nitr0n and @Klyball 's work, along with Mark Ogden's tireless work in archiving Intel UDI tools. It made all of this possible. (apologies for the audio, new filter chain, and I only had time to record this ONCE) As...
  15. T

Compass II wanted (1129, 1139)

GRiD Compass II wanted to aid in the restoration of GRiD software development tools (it's not going to be thrown into a glass case.) If you have one for sale, please msg me. -Thom
  16. T

1530 BIOS hangs when reading sector 0 of CF or SD card thru IDE adaptor?

(this is being posted to several places, so some context is given) Am currently debugging a replacement for a hard drive setup in a GRiDCASE 1530. (an 80386 laptop, running MS-DOS). It uses a Phoenix BIOS dated 10/25/89, and does not have a ROM setup program, but rather automatically...
  17. T

Any1 have a copy of GRID386?

Does anyone have a copy of the GRID386 manager? I want to find it, because QEMM and other managers with tons of bells and whistles cause InteGRiD to puke. -Thom
  18. T

Anyone have a copy of GRiDBASIC?

As the subject says, anyone have a copy of GRiDBASIC either on a CCOS disk or copied over for InteGRiD? -Thom
  19. T

WTB: 1500 backplane for 1 floppy 1 hard drive.

Hi. Am looking for a backplane for 1 floppy, 1 hard drive, to replace the dual floppy backplane currently in my 1530. -Thom
  20. T

www.omnipulsemedia.com/GRiD_files/GRiDCASE 1500 Series Hardware Technical Reference Manual.pdf <-- anyone grab?

Does anyone have a copy of this? It's the ONE manual I need, with all the schematics and hardware data, and the ONE thing that wasn't mirrored to RuGRiD (SERIOUSLY?) from Jeriddian's old site.
Back