• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Commodore PET - Multi-EditorROM + 40/80 Column Switcher

Got sidetracked on this but circling back. I’ve identified and fixed the issue with the UB8 chip. It was faulty, which caused problems regardless of pin 1 connection. While the board works fine in 80-column or 40-column mode, it still doesn’t function with the 40/80 column switcher board.. As...
  2. N

Petsd

Oh man, that would have been nice to know about a few weeks ago.. Haha.. I checked thingiverse and printables and there was nothing on either site. I didn't even know tinkercad had a place to share models (which is actually where I made mine). Anyway, thanks for sharing... so people at least...
  3. N

Petsd

Another thread update.. needed a case and none seemed to exist that you could print yourself. There's a pretty nice one that people can (maybe?) buy, but didn't seem worth it with the petsd+ development being abandoned - better to spend the money on one of the newer solutions. This one isn't...
  4. N

BOOTROM (U70) modèle 4, KO

The bin files are here: http://trs-80.com.au/trs80/downloads.htm
  5. N

Commodore PET 4032 40 col to 80 col upgrade

Does anyone have the "edit-4-80-n-60Hz.901474-03.bin" rom created in the blog post referenced here. The site is gone and the wayback version of it didn't save the bin file. None of the repositories include the 'N' version of the 80 column edit rom, it seems (except I found one 'unk' one that...
  6. N

Petsd

Been a while since i've done much with my pet but wanted to update this thread for folks. One of the items with this petsd+ that always kinda bothered me was that my screen wasn't backlit up so it was hard to read. finally looked at the schematics to see what I could do about that and noted...
  7. N

Yeah, JP5 connected and JP6 disconnected with UB8 Installed and pin 1 either connected or disconnected gets garbage. JP5 connected and JP6 disconnected with UB8 removed, interestingly works but everything is inverse. For UB8, the pcb/pin wires are run to the board (black and white wires on...
  8. N

It was a bit hard to follow what you were recommending and which problem you were trying to help solve. I -think- your suggestion was for how to leave UB8 in while in 40 column mode and if so, I tried connecting JP5 and leaving UB8 in and connected and it just gives a black screen. Either...
  9. N

Hi All, Question, but first a bit of a backstory. Picked up a Commodore Pet 4032 a few years back that was modded to be an 8032. It had some ram issues and I fixed those, but I left it as an 80 column. Recently I picked up the following board and figured i'd put that in so I'd have both...
  10. N

Brand new NOT New Old Stock 386 based Laptop on AliExpress?

the product looks real, but a number of the vendors have zero feedback and are new, which makes me question. Has anyone received one they ordered?
  11. N

Gotek adapter for Full Height Drives (5.25")

I may end up doing this for my osborne and kaypro's at some point, i like the way it looks and closes up. Maybe I missed it, but did you post the STL's for this anywhere?
  12. N

Brand new NOT New Old Stock 386 based Laptop on AliExpress?

I saw these making the rounds a few weeks ago, but I'm pretty skeptical on them even being real. Most of the articles would link to sellers with zero feedback. It's possible these are real, but as a frequent aliexpress shopper, there were a number of red flags on these listings. It was a bit...
  13. N

How to wire up Auto boot ROM for FreHD Gate Array

If I recall the TRS-80 is essentially a 2364 rom that you need to convert to a 2764, so it would be whatever that pinout is (google 2364 to 2764) That said, it's such a confined space that personally I'd just go to pcbway or jlcpcb and you can get 5 of these boards made up for under $10 and...
  14. N

Trs-io

Let me know if you still need some info. I do have older bin files I can provide if that helps at all. I actually wrote up some instructions back in 2020 that I sent over to @misterblack because he was planning on building one out and doing a video on it, but he lost interest so that never...
  15. N

Apple III Keycaps / Key stems needed

Thanks. I did just look at it and I see the alpha lock keys are just short stem ALPS keys with an adapter and I can use a long stem ALPs as deltadon did as I have plenty of those from a dead mac 512 keyboard. The arrow key stem is going to be more of an issue since it's broken and missing the...
  16. N

Thanks Verault. I'll check through my stash to see if i have anything. Also thanks for the info about the hinge, i haven't even looked at the drive yet. Though, i guess the floppy drive is less important to get working if it doesn't since that's a ticking time bomb with the floppy situation...
  17. N

Hi All, I recently traded my spare Apple IIe for an Apple III that's in slightly sad condition. It does seem to work but I do plan on cleaning it up and restoring it. I did notice a couple keycaps are needed and a couple broken keystems. It's possible I could maybe 3d print parts of the...
  18. N

Apple ][ SD card mass storage device

Awesome, I'm going to check this out. Nice to see something that's actually in the spirit of the original Apple - something that we can build ourselves.
  19. N

Infocom Games and the FreHD?

Hey John, Been a couple years on this but had some renewed interest. One, did you get a chance to make a Model 3 version? Friend of mine (who will likely post here) just got a Model III and was looking for that. As well, have you looked into updating the image(s) to work with the new...
  20. N

Problems with Model 4 display

Sometimes it's worth reflowing the solder on the solder joints, especially where there are connectors to the board.
Back