• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

DeskMate Workgroup Companion

Greetings, all! I decided to try and play around with DeskMate Workgroup Companion. There's a download for it over on tvdog's Tandy 1000 site (http://www.oldskool.org/guides/tvdog/deskmate.html). I've also downloaded DeskMate 3.02, as that's the only version I could reliably get all of the...
  2. T

Upgrade CPU in Tandy 4825SX Computer

I decided to crack the 4825 SX open today to see if it indeed has the 169th pin (allowing an ODP processor as well as an ODPR). It turns out my DX4ODP75 is not modified, and has its 169th pin. Tandy's socket also includes the extra pin. So at least for my motherboard revision, you can use the...
  3. T

Model 4 DEA - Disk Editor Assembler

Hi everyone, Does anyone know where I can get a copy of David Goben's DEA Disk Editor Assembler for the Model 4? Ira's page has a picture of the manual, which I've attached below, but searches of the usual repositories hasn't led me to anything I can download. Hopefully I didn't miss...
  4. T

Show us your Tandy Computers!

This is my most-recent picture of the collection. It includes all six Tandy/Radio Shack machines and a Platinum Apple IIe that is the only non-Tandy machine in the collection.
  5. T

New Collection Member: 4825 SX

I managed to pick up a 4825 SX in good shape. It came with a 75 MHz DX4ODP75 OverDrive processor in place of the original 486 SX/25, 1 MB of Video RAM, as well as 20 MB of RAM. The SIMMs were mismatched in Bank 0 (one 4 MB mixed in with three 1 MB modules), so I replaced them all with...
  6. T

What were Tandy Radio Shack's computer magazines?

I almost forgot, I've got the first two issues of Computer User magazine as well. I don't think that one lasted very long... -Chris
  7. T

What were Tandy Radio Shack's computer magazines?

In the Falsoft department, I've got a small collection of The Rainbow from late 1983 through 1985, a handful from 1986 and 1988, and from March through May of 1993. I've also still got my fulfillment issues of PCM that Falsoft provided when The Rainbow met its end. PCM also died while I was a...
  8. T

What are you doing with YOUR TRS-80 Model 1/3/4/4D?

I use my Model 4 mainly to look back at programs I wrote as a kid (some impress me, other make me go "ugh!"). Beyond that, I play Space Quest on it from CLOAD Magazine, and sometimes like to use it as a terminal for my CoCo 3 running OS-9. When I can get Xenix on my 16, it'll probably serve as...
  9. T

Hello from Connecticut

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I've been lurking for quite a while, mainly in the Tandy/Radio Shack forum. I grew up on now-vintage computers in the 80s, particularly the Color Computer 3 and TRS-80 Model 4. I still have those machines from my childhood, and in...
Back