• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Commodore 1084D - Sync problems with RGB

I have already reassembled the cable and shrink wrapped it. I just ordered a breakout box so I don't have to cut the cable open again. I'll post more info after it arrives. I did measure 0.7 volts on pin 7 of the output from the Tandy but did not check it with my scope :-( The manual for the...
  2. P

The result: It was pin 7 on the Tandy 1000RL's CGA output. I cut my cable open and disconnected pin 7 and voila, perfect picture. So if for some reason you want to connect a Tandy 1000RL to a Commodore 1084D, disconnect pin 7 in your video cable.. -Paul
  3. P

And by 'wiggle' I meant pulling the connector outwards so that some pins were barely making contact and moving it around in a random motion until I got a good picture.
  4. P

Sorry, meant to say 15.7KHz H.Sync.
  5. P

I hooked up my scope and got the same waveform, horizontal frequency (15.6KHz) and voltages as powerlot above. Just for fun I tried wiggling the cable where it attaches to the back of the Tandy 1000RL. At one point I was able to obtain a perfect picture on the 1084D. Stability, color...
  6. P

Reading more about the Tandy 1000RL, from dosdays.co.uk: "When Tandy introduced the RL, SL and TL models, they upgraded the video adapter to what is sometimes called ETGA or Tandy Video II. This takes either a digital CGA or mono TTL monitor" and "When a CGA monitor is used, the video is...
  7. P

The 9 pin video input on my 1084D is labelled "RGB". I assume it's 'RGBI'. I have read elsewhere online that the the Tandy 1000 outputs CGA (with extra colors). I decided to plug my IBM 5150 which has an ATI EGA Wonder set to CGA output mode into the 1084D and found that the 1084D had no...
  8. P

To clarify, I mean 'technical' direction. Not a repair shop. :) Thanks.
  9. P

Hi Everyone, I have a 1084D. It works well when I use the analog luma and chroma inputs. But when I use the RGB 9 pin input either on the analog or digital switch setting, I get weird behavior. Here's a photo of the C prompt: it looks fine right? Here's a photo after typing a few characters...
  10. P

Atari 800 newbie - AtariMax game cartridge problems

Yes, it's an original 800. Built like a tank and slightly yellowed. I will try the mod you suggested. Thank you :-)
  11. P

Here's the current ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/225458324026 As I mentioned, none of the games work. What's a CTIA?
  12. P

Okay so I know absolutely nothing about Atari computers. So, for some really strange reason I just had to go and buy one from ebay. It's an Atari 800 with 4 cards installed - one ROM and 3 RAM. It came with a Donkey Kong cartridge and everything works great! I even went and got me an official...
  13. P

Motherboard jumpers - Socket 3

Here's an example of a conflicting PIN 1 between the manual's diagram and reality. I've removed the jumpers for clarity: This is the diagram from the manual. Notice that JP13 has the white square on the right, indicating PIN 1: This is a photo of my board. Notice the big "1" printed on the...
  14. P

Motherboard jumpers - Socket 3

Setting the jumpers on a Socket 3 motherboard is relaxing and peaceful - until it isn't: I have what appears to be a Shuttle Hot-419* where * could be R1.1, R2 or DZ. It has a lot of jumpers. This board has some silkscreen numbers adjacent to some jumper pin headers. I assume the silkscreen "1"...
  15. P

486 Motherboard with Mystery Voltage Regulator

Let's put this thread to bed: I replaced the "HB1084 5C" with a new "LM1084 -ADJ" regulator and the board now works like a charm with 3V processors. The HB1084 5C was probably a fixed 5V regulator and thus incorrect for this board. My guess is that it was a replacement for the original part. It...
  16. P

I assumed that the part was original as i mentioned in my earlier post that the solder looked unmolested. However, after looking at pictures of the same boards on theretroweb.com I noticed that the screw holding the heatsink on was reversed. Vout does have some resistors nearby and three jumpers...
  17. P

I was wrong about the pins being reversed. The pinout does match the LM1084. I just got confused by flipping the board over so many times to probe the voltages.
  18. P

I have a small variety of CPUs: Intel DX2-66, DX4-100, and AMD DX4-100, DX4-120. And a POD83. I bought this board as a backup for my workhorse 486DX2-66 which I have been using regularly for many years for all sorts of projects. Good retro boards are more expensive and harder to find every...
  19. P

The pins on the regulator in question seem to be reversed when compared to the LM1084. While Vout is still in the center, Vin and Adj are reversed. With the jumpers configured for 3.3V, I measure 5.1V on Vin, 1.3V on Vout. However, Vcc at the CPU socket is still 5.1V.
Back