• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Commodore 1084D - Sync problems with RGB

Hi Everyone, I have a 1084D. It works well when I use the analog luma and chroma inputs. But when I use the RGB 9 pin input either on the analog or digital switch setting, I get weird behavior. Here's a photo of the C prompt: it looks fine right? Here's a photo after typing a few characters...
  2. P

Atari 800 newbie - AtariMax game cartridge problems

Okay so I know absolutely nothing about Atari computers. So, for some really strange reason I just had to go and buy one from ebay. It's an Atari 800 with 4 cards installed - one ROM and 3 RAM. It came with a Donkey Kong cartridge and everything works great! I even went and got me an official...
  3. P

Motherboard jumpers - Socket 3

Setting the jumpers on a Socket 3 motherboard is relaxing and peaceful - until it isn't: I have what appears to be a Shuttle Hot-419* where * could be R1.1, R2 or DZ. It has a lot of jumpers. This board has some silkscreen numbers adjacent to some jumper pin headers. I assume the silkscreen "1"...
  4. P

486 Motherboard with Mystery Voltage Regulator

Hi All, I have a 486 board with the Opti chipset. It is labeled "MB035 Rev. F" and it works fine but only with 5V CPUs. It has jumpers for 3V operation and jumpers for setting the 3V range (3.3, 3.45 and 4 volts). The problem is that however I configure the jumpers, I always measure 5.1V on...
  5. P

486 L2 cache not working

I'm working on a QDI V4P895P3/SMTP3 V4.0 486 motherboard. At POST, there is a message that says "CACHE MEMORY BAD, DO NOT ENABLE CACHE!". This message only appears if external cache is enabled in the BIOS. If L2 is disabled, the board boots fine and is stable. If L2 is enabled, the board works...
  6. P

Unstable (but lovely) 286 clone

Hello Everyone, I recently purchased a 286 clone from eBay. The steel horizontal case ans PSU are in great shape and for $100 I thought it would be a good start to a fun retro project. To my delight, the motherboard inside looked to be in good shape also. With a bit of vinegar, alcohol and...
  7. P

TRS-80 Model 4 Gate Array video problem

Hi All, New user here. My TRS-80 Model 4 Gate Array has suddenly developed video problems. Video was perfect until I turned it on a few days ago and the screen was way bright with zig-zag lines visible. The machine was able to boot from floppy and display the OS welcome screen but the text was...
Back