• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

Pettester, which bits are bad in zero page?

I'm working on an 8032 with bad system ram in both lower and upper banks. Pettester v4 is passing the video ram test and and moving on to 0/1 page. I know the lower bank is bad but I'm trying to figure out which bits/chips are bad, so I don't have to desolder all eight of them. I'm reading now...
  2. H

Memory Test Problem

I've been restoring a SP9000/8032 and have had a few problems with it so far, bad video RAM, bad Kernal ROM, but I got those fixed and the system started up normally. I ran David Roberts PETTESTE2K (v4) from Bitfixer's ROMulator and it passed 13 cycles of the DRAM test with no failures. So I...
  3. H

Commodore Datasettes, all of them

I just finished a blog post and a video about all the Commodore datasettes. I thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested. Does anyone else collect datasettes? Anyone aware of any other rare variants I'm missing? Link to Blog Post: https://blog.hutchins1.net/2020/11/datasettes.html...
  4. H

PET 9" Monitor, losing vertical deflection randomly

Seems to be losing vertical deflection. Been getting steadily worse over time and seems better when it's cold vs when it's warmed up. Was thinking about re-capping but I know there are some caps that require very low ESR and may be hard to find. Not sure what I should be looking for at Mouser or...
  5. H

New Photos of the wooden PET prototype

This has been around Facebook and Twitter for a few weeks but I don't think it's been shared here yet. I thought it might be of interest to some Commodore enthusiasts here. I've been doing research off and on for about a year trying to locate the original wooden PET prototype. Many people...
  6. H

WiFi Modem for VT-100/102?

I recently acquired a VT-102 in good working condition. I was thinking about connecting it to a Pi running a PDP emulator but I think some level shifting is required to get RS-232 working on the Pi. Then I wondered if there was a decent WiFi modem I could just plug into the VT-102 serial port...
  7. H

Vic20 text character problem

So I pulled out my Vic 20 from the basement storage today for the first time in at least 15 years. Purchased in 1982 or '83, It has an original 11.5vac power brick and the two pin power connector with the internal v-regulator heat sinks. It starts up with a good picture. It responds to keyboard...
Back