• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Nevets01

RK05 disk emulator development and discussion

Exciting stuff! Definitely interested in a kit (or, at the least, the schematics and VHDL to assemble my own)
  2. Nevets01

RK05 disk emulator

At least three. The setup in the image (at the science museum in London), one set (4046+4047) in my care, and one other set (4046+4047) that I know of. Mine is a recent acquisition; it's dirty but in decent shape; I hope for it to one day run again. I would be surprised if Bruce Ray didn't have...
  3. Nevets01

RK05 disk emulator

The controller in question is not the same as the controller for the 6045. It would almost certainly be a Data General 4046 and 4047 (the other possibility is a 4046 used with a 4049; the 4049 supported four diablo 31's, the 4047 supported two. Since there is only one drive present, I think it...
  4. Nevets01

Pacific Northwest Paper Tape Punch Service - and request

Both, probably. I have a Numeridex paper tape punch which has a built in 8080 multibus system... one of the functions takes ASCII text in, and produces legibly punched characters (in all caps) on the papertape. (I still don't know how to give it a simple stream of bytes to punch... if anyone has...
  5. Nevets01

MM8I Replacement

This MM8I-replacement sounds very cool; once it works I might try to build one for myself! That would be similarly interesting... except my 8/I is a negibus machine, heh.
  6. Nevets01

Midwest [WTS/T] Honeywell DDP-516

This computer has been sold and is no longer available.
  7. Nevets01

RK05 disk emulator

My Pertec D3000-series manual lists all of these as being available: 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32, 36, 40, 42, 48, 56, 60, 64, 70, 72, 80, 84, 90, 96, 112, 120, 126, 128 I doubt any but the 12 and 16 were very common, but there's probably a few oddballs out there that use some of...
  8. Nevets01

RK05 disk emulator

I am excited to hear about this being tackled. Not just for the sake of PDP8 and PDP11, but more because RK05's are, as I understand it, identical from the computer's perspective to diablo 31's, which were used just about everywhere. So an RK05 emulator, to my thinking, should be a viable...
  9. Nevets01

Midwest [WTS/T] Honeywell DDP-516

Looking to part with my Honeywell DDP-516. Minicomputer from the mid-60s. Very early ICs. Not going to lie, it'll be one heck of a project to get it going again: CPU has some microPACs missing, the memory bay is completely empty, and there are some parts missing from the power supply. I've made...
  10. Nevets01

Data General Nova 1200

I'm with Z and firebird on this. My D-116 PSU has caused me much grief (including earning me the dubious honor of 'first to smoke' at VCFMW), and at this point, I think my best option for getting the computer going again will be to put the original power supply on a shelf (and KEEP it there) and...
  11. Nevets01

PDP-8 Ramblings

This is what has me, personally, excited about this project. Being able to make emulated replacements for missing parts of a larger system, while leaving the bits that are present, working as intended. For example, I have an 8/I that I picked up about a year ago. I've got a TC01 and one TU55 --...
  12. Nevets01

XTIDE Universal BIOS: troubles on a new interface card

So I'm working on a project which is essentially Glitch's XT-IDE and Sergey Malinov's ISA-FDC on the same ISA card. However, it seems to have trouble with the XT-IDE BIOS, and I cannot figure out why. I'm storing it in a 27c128 so I can have both the XT-IDE BIOS and Sergey's multi-floppy...
  13. Nevets01

Gauging interest: Bootable XT SCSI card

What it says in the title. Anyone interested in this sort of thing, and if so, how would you use it?
  14. Nevets01

Wanted: Rancho RT-1000B

Exactly what it says in the title. There's an A on Ebay, but I'm not sure if those are bootable with an XT. I live in Northern Indiana if someone wants to hand-deliver, but shipping on such a small item should be fairly low.
  15. Nevets01

3C509-C(ombo): Trouble using with 8088

Yes, they do! It's pretty neat. I'll attach an image; it's a bit old, this was in my dorm during the school year, and the card layout is a bit different: The 5153 just has a directory listing, the 5151 has Borland C, editing the program that put the lines out on the PGC-driven Trinitron. The...
  16. Nevets01

3C509-C(ombo): Trouble using with 8088

Exactly what it says on the tin. I'm using the packet driver from HERE, and it loads successfully. The MAC address it gives me in the readout is exactly the same as the one printed on the sticker on the card. I am using packet int 0x60, and IRQ No.7 (the only one available, according to...
  17. Nevets01

Busted Micro Switch keyboard -- need help with PCB

So I got this parallel ASCII keyboard with a couple S-100 boards at a garage sale (this is why it's in the S-100 section), but the problem, as you can see, is the busted PCB. Seriously, did someone take a machete to this thing? Model number on the board is "SDR SD-16396" Anyway, there's a...
  18. Nevets01

Core memory voltages on a DCC-116

So, I've been attempting to figure out the power supply off a DCC-116, a clone of the Nova 1200. The regulated 15v rail, used to power the sense lines in the core memory, seems to be a bit high. I've been adjusting it using the trimmer pot, but I can't get it much less than 15.6 before it trips...
  19. Nevets01

[WTB] Compaq SLT/386 power cord -- just the cord

I just picked up one of these beauties, and it includes everything, even the power brick, EXCEPT for the cord that runs between the power brick and the computer itself. Also, when I plug the power supply in, there's a light with a squiggle-line (presumably to mean "AC power"), and it flashes...
  20. Nevets01

Does the website look different or just me?

Today I loaded up the site, and it looks different to me. Anyone else seeing this?
Back