• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. wperko

Cromemco JS-1 Joystick Replica

Hi, I like to laser cut cereal boxes or cardboard for test pieces first. That way I can set the piece over an original item, see how it fits before thinking of making the new piece. .
  2. wperko

Cromemco dazzler replica project

Hi, Cool ... great start to new gaming ... Sans joysitcks, two people could be in this game via dial-up modem connections to make it more exciting. Both players would try to get to the dot first and a collision would cost maybe 10% of their snake length where snake length is the scoring ...
  3. wperko

Hi, R/C radios are setup for airplanes, helicopters and boats ... the left arm is throttle up 'n down so that's why it doesn't return anywhere, the left right function is rudder so after the turn, the rudder needs to return to straight. .
  4. wperko

California Vintage Duke Nukum 5.25 disks

Hi, I did a quick search: https://www.apogeeent.com/ Apogee Entertainment seems to be alive, but I don't see any links to buy the older software. Seems, they maybe missing an opportunity. .
  5. wperko

Hi, Here's a place where you can get customized keytops: https://thockfactory.com/ .
  6. wperko

California Vintage Duke Nukum 5.25 disks

Hi, I'd like a copy of the PC disks ... I have plenty of 5-1/4 inch floppies. .
  7. wperko

Hi, I already have made a cable hood design that fits the Cromemco DA+7A board connectors ... and various actual connectors; https://pinshape.com/items/119285-3d-printed-22-position-44-pin-top-card-edge-connector-hoods BTW, I would suggest mounting the speakers at a 45° angle on the...
  8. wperko

Hi, I can help with creating CNC vector sketches. All you need to do is draw a picture of the layout with measurements (mm or inches) and post it. I can make a vector sketch that can be used by any CNC milling machine, or CNC laser cutter, or CNC Water Jet Cutter etc. IF a 3D model file...
  9. wperko

Alberta Old non-working full-height floppy drives: Offers

Hi, Yup! I received all three drives today ... My first step is to laser cut nice wood cabinets for each to help protect them from damage. Getting them up 'n running or parting out will be down the road. .
  10. wperko

Hi, The thing is the DAZZLER is not designed for that kind of graphics, it's like if I compared a 2K/inch pixel image comparing it to your IBM image. Also, besides resolution and speed problems is memory limits. .
  11. wperko

Hi, I think we need to see a single page (PDF?) of all the fixes, and then another (PDF?) of the testing. The idea of a board that needs to be studied in several dozen if not 100 or so pages of the forum isn't very inviting. .
  12. wperko

Southwest RAM SIMMs :$MakeOffer

I have a bunch of RAM modules. Make an offer I cannot refuse, add $10/CPU or RAM set for shipping. 1x NT256D64S86C0G-5T DDR 400MHz-CL3 1x RAMAXEL 2GB 1Rx8 PC3-10600U-999 HF RMR1810EC58E8F=1333 2x Crucial 4GB BALLISTIX Sport 8G112RL.L3 2x DELL 4GB SNPP382HC4G 2x Kingsont 4GB 2Rx8...
  13. wperko

Southwest CPUs: $Make Offer

Hi, I have a bunch of CPU chips and RAM modules. Make an offer I cannot refuse, add $10/CPU or RAM set for shipping. i Celeron SLAFZ 2.20GHz 512 800 06 3945A255 2 i Celeron SLAFZ 2.20GHz 512 800 06 3945A255 i Core 2 DUO 6600 SL9ZL 2.40GHz 4M 1 066 06 3718A944 i Core i7 SLBJJ 2.80GHz 8M...
  14. wperko

Hi, Have you tried the FELIX DISK yet? It's got some starter programs for animation ... I'd like to see a dial-up modem program for two adversaries to battle in PONG, a Maze program like dual CHOMP, Battle Ship game etc. .
  15. wperko

Hi, Check out the DAZZLER files on my website: https://www.brainless.org/Altair/Repository.html There maybe something you don't have. OTOH, IF you have something I don't have, please send it my way. .
  16. wperko

Hi, Cool ... I can hardly wait until I can afford the components to build mine! .
  17. wperko

Sol-20 Keyboard

Hi, I bought a Sol-20 motherboard with a S-100 Expansion backplane for $500 on eBay a couple of years ago. It would be nice to have a real Sol-20 keyboard, but it's just not worth $100 to me since I can use a modern USB keyboard to be more reliable and do the job anyway. .
  18. wperko

Hi, Josh & Mike's new RAM/EEPROM board might work for a RAM board. $35 for a blank. I currently have a CompuPro RAM 17 in the board set I've been collecting to build a Processor Technology Subsystem B computer into an original Altair 8800 undergoing some minor repairs. My plan is to sell...
  19. wperko

Alberta Old non-working full-height floppy drives: Offers

Hi, There seems to be lots of discussion about the drives, but IF nobody buys them, I'm happy to pay shipping them to me in Las Vegas 89108 where I can at a minimum set them up and connect to my Altair 8800c to exercise them and store them until somebody comes along looking for a specific...
  20. wperko

Hi, Have you tried using "DAZON.COM" and "DAZOFF.COM" ??? .
Back