• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Need help with BlueSCSI

Trying to figure out why my BlueSCSI is not working. (Not sure the version but it's an STM controller) Pentium 133 MoBo running Windows 98. Tried two different SCSI cards: Adaptec AHA-1510A(ISA) and AHA-2930 (PCI) The images are mounting ok according to the LOG file. The 2930 BIOS hangs...
  2. D

TI 99/4a

I just got a TI-99/4a in a pile of other computer stuff. I'm mainly a Commodore guy, never used one of these things before. What can I do with it?
  3. D

LCD ASCII Table programming question

Really not sure where to start with this question, I hope this is the right place; I am trying to control an 16x2 LCD display using a Commodore VIC-20 I am connecting in 4 bit mode and my connections are as follows (respectfully) LCD - RS EN D4 D5 D6 D7 V20 - P5 P4 P3 P2 P1 P0 I've...
  4. D

Diagnosing faulty 1571

I have a 1571 that won't read or format. It resets with the computer and when you issue a command it attempts to do something but always comes back with an error. It doesn't move the head, it does a little bit but never resets to track 0. The drive mechanism is ok, I tested it on a working...
  5. D

SFD-1001 errors reading and formatting

I'm trying to diagnose an SFD. Having trouble reading disks, but more importantly when I attempt to format I get various READ errors. It seems to change each time. Thoughts? 27,READ ERROR,1,7 23,READ ERROR,1,10
  6. D

SFD-1001 inconsistent

So recently I got my SFD going in single sided mode (see other thread). Seemed to work well. I am able to format and read disks in single sided mode. I started to create some D80 images on my PC to transfer to my SFD via Zoomfloppy and CBMTools. I started by formatting a disk using CBMXfer...
  7. D

SFD-1001 not formatting

Ok, I have a weird issue with an SFD-1001 drive. It will read from a disk, I can also save to the disk, but when I issue a FORMAT command the drive head moves, and the motor spins and then it just sits there. No error messages, nothing. You do not hear the head stepping as I would expect...
Back