• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Compaq portable 286 with EGA wonder

Correct. :) It's hard to tell from this picture, but it's 10 pins. (Not sure if all are in use, as I've not counted the wires on the bundle, but it's more than two.) :)
  2. T

Tandy 1000 TL/2 problem using nofloppy w/ VGA adapter installed

I have a Tandy 1000 TL/2 and I have been attempting to get a high density floppy controller card and IDE controller card to work in this computer, as the built-in FDC only supports double density and the built-in hard drive controller is XT IDE, severely limiting what hard drives I can use if...
  3. T

Stupid question about BIOS extensions

As the title implies, I have a dumb question about BIOS extensions. I know that some can bring new functionality to some PCs, but I was wondering what the limits of this are? For example, I have a PC with a floppy controller that supports double density drives. I do have an ISA card with a...
  4. T

Disabling internal FDC on Tandy 1000 TL/2

I understand that this is an older thread, but it pertains to disabling the FDC on the Tandy 1000 TL/2. Has anyone experienced, or know what might cause to happen, when running 'nofloppy,' returning to the DOS prompt but doing anything, even a simple 'dir' command, displaying text corruption...
Back