• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

High pitched squeal from C64 when turned on

Hi all As the title suggests, I'm getting a high-pitched squeal from a c64 when it's turned on. It's not the monitor/crt, as the same monitor hooked up to a different c64 doesn't make the noise. Suspecting the SID chip, I removed it and the noise goes away. I put a different SID (from the...
  2. E

Amiga 1000 Software Error

Hi all I've been working on resurrecting an amiga 1000 for a friend, and after diagnosing some chip ram fault I have it to the point where it is mostly working. I've tried various games and while the odd few don't work (possibly bad disk or incompatible with the NTSC machine I have), most of...
  3. E

C64 Keyboard Help

Hi all I'm currently repairing a c64, and the problem it has is when you turn it on, a normal screen is shown but a '2' appears as if it was pressed. Thinking the keyboard may be faulty I disconnected the keyboard but still have the same problem. The only other keys that work are 'HOME' '-'...
  4. E

8032 Repair

Hi everyone I've started a repair on a 8032 pet, and so far I've found a bad 4 to 16 decoder. All the /CS lines were active at once, so I replaced the 74154 and now have proper chip selection happening. The part that I'm getting stuck at is getting a display. One thing I did notice was when...
  5. E

What ROM type?

Hi I just got my GQ-4x4 programmer, and I'm wanting to read the roms from a pet 8032. The writing on the rom is 901465-21. Before I do, I just wanted to know what type of rom I would select in usb prg in case choosing the wrong one can damage the rom? I think 2532 roms are a replacement so...
  6. E

Pet 3016

Hello to everyone Over the last couple of weeks, I have been working on a pet 3032 which had a bad display board and currently has a few problems with the mainboard. As per my previous threads I was able to get the display working, but the pet mainboard has been giving a little bit of grief...
  7. E

Custom Rom

Hey everyone A pet that I have (not the one I'm talking about in an already going repair thread) has a custom rom in it and just wondering if anyone knows what it might be based on what is written on it? It has a bit of tape on it, with the writing "T/KIT XTRAM" on it. The Pet is a 3016 with...
  8. E

PET 3032 Repair

Hi everyone So my next attempt at a repair has begun! I have a 3032 pet that I'm trying to get working after having just fixed the vdu. Initial symptoms are a garbage screen when first flicked on, then the screen changes to predominatly % and $ symbols. From a previous post daver2 asked to...
  9. E

Pet 3032 Vertical Collapse

Hey guys Got a 3032 recently and I'm trying to get it going. Unfortunately it appears to have vertical collapse (single horizontal line in the middle of the screen). I'm trying to work out whats going on with it and need a bit of help. I have taken some signals from J7 on the motherboard...
  10. E

Atari 1040 STe white screen

Hi everyone, I recently picked up a 1040ste and it seemed to work perfectly fine when I got it. I have it hooked up to my 1084s monitor with a composite cable. While playing a game the computer crashed, and after power cycling the machine I was only greeted with a white screen. I've tried to...
  11. E

Kaypro 4 Keyboard problems

Hey guys I recently got a Kaypro 4 and I'm having problems with the keyboard. When I first powered it up, it came up with the usual insert boot disk screen and I also noticed that the keyboard also seemed to work (caps lock light would go on and off with each press and the speaker would also...
  12. E

FDD Controller Problem

Hi guys, I have a PC where the 5 1/4" drive is not working. I've taken the drive apart and cleaned it up and re lubed it and tested it in another machine which was successful. I put the drive back into its original computer and it didn't work again. So this leads me to believe the controller...
  13. E

WTB: CGA card and/or 286 motherboard

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a CGA card for a 3270PC I have or a 286 motherboard to rebuild another computer I have. If you have one sitting in the corner gathering dust then I'd love to hear from you. The 286 board I'm not concerned about the speed (would ideally love to get a 16mhz board...
  14. E

Sharp PC7100

Hi! I recently acquired this beauty and trying to get it running. I have a boot disk which I've tried in another machine which works (well it will boot up but halt when it knows it's not a sharp pc) and also have a known working dos 6.22 disk. Some people suggest the machine isn't capable of...
  15. E

Hi, from Perth Australia

Hi! My name is Matt and I live in sunny Perth, Western Australia. I'm getting just shy of 40 and I am a mad vintage computer collector/user. Growing up in the 80's was a great experience and feel like it was truly the start of the computer revolution. About 15 odd years ago I started to...
Back