• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Wolfenstein 3D CGA edition

Great work! Beautiful colors in composite mode. Just a bit low fps in fullscreen on my hardware ;) ( I guess I need nec v20 )
  2. G

„Below the root” hangs on IBM portable 5155

Yeah. It makes sense. Some sources (e.g. this) describe bits 12 and 13 as 'reserved' without any reference to game port or modem. Looks like the 'mystery' has been solved. :)
  3. G

I wrote a simple patch for 5155 if you wish. Put it in the directory with btroot.exe and run it. .model tiny .code org 100h start: jmp begin fname db 'btroot.exe', 0 newval db 90h,90h handle dw ? errcode db ? errmsg db 'error 0x','$' sucmsg...
  4. G

I came back to the topic after a long time. I managed to sell 5155 and after some time I bought two more following the spirit of nostalgia. Imagine my surprise when both of my ibm portables started BTR without any problem. I was happy and did not pursue the topic. I was even more surprised...
  5. G

Pseudo 3d ASCII

A little update: 1. To get to the topic of CGA snow I rewrote two functions that load characters onto the screen in inline asm. (Sorry for the jpg - long way to the internet) The first one loads a single character. The second - a string. That’s all. (Btw. I can't get directly to the class...
  6. G

Pseudo 3d ASCII

Idea for combining top view (roguelike type) and grid based first person rpg (ala Wizardry) in text mode. The target is an 8088/86 based PC with a CGA card. First try in vintage c ++ (Open Watcom) and pdcurses. Video from test (music unfortunately not mine): On 386 and VGA it works fine...
  7. G

Hi. I have a problem with the game "Below the root". Works on all dos computers I have except IBM 5155. The game hangs right after the control selection screen (keyboard, joystick) I checked both versions - pc booter and DOS. My IBM has 256kB Ram, but I also checked with an additional RAM card...
  8. G

Commax Excell lt-386sx - missing file

hi I need your help. The case concerns a 1990 laptop - Commax Excell lt-386sx. Built-in vga graphics card is Cirrus Logic 510/520. Laptop seems to be fully functional now, but.... I can not switch between the built-in screen and the external monitor. In bios settings there is no such option...
Back