• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. bladamson

Repairing a Zenith Z-138 "Portable" Turbo-XT

Not much out there on these. I couldn't quite haggle the seller down to what I felt it was worth, but given the Heath connection (and my obsession with Heathkit stuff), I bought it anyway so I could document it. It appears to use the same boards as the Z-148 compact turbo XT, with a built-in...
  2. bladamson

Greaseweazle Woes....

Using Fluxengine, I can read prodos disks and they work in Linapple. I can read dos3.3 and raw order disks, but they don't work in Linapple. Writing back fails with a buffer underflow error from the Greaseweazle, regardless of prodos or dos3.3 order (or raw order). Reading and writing...
  3. bladamson

What is this Zenith system?

I haven't seen this before.
  4. bladamson

Looking for manuals for Heathkit/Zenith H-29 / Z-29 serial terminal.

Hey folks. I can't seem to locate a scan of the manuals for this terminal anywhere online. If someone has a print copy in their archives, I'd be willing to pay a security deposit and shipping both ways if you'd let me scan them. The Zenith version of the manual is probably just an operator's...
  5. bladamson

FlashFloppy-OSD on a TTL display?

Hey folks. I figured I ought to ask here before I start experimenting and blow something up. :p I'm looking to hook FlashFloppy's on-screen-display to various TTL video displays. The first one will be a Kaypro, but I'm also looking at doing a TRS-80 Model II and a Tandy 1000HX. The...
  6. bladamson

We could probably make a reproduction Heathkit H8 enclosure.....

I ganked this out of that other thread so as to not spam up that gentleman's sales attempts. I've never seen an H8 up close, but it looks like it's the same enclosure as my H11. If that is the case, all of the bends are straight and parallel, and there doesn't appear to be any press-forming...
  7. bladamson

Kaypro 2-84 with Advent TurboROM 3.4 and 768k RAM drive?

Evenin' gentlemen. In the same loot acquisition mission in which I obtained that ADM-3A+ and H-19, I also obtained this Kaypro 2-84 (and an Osborne 1, but I haven't cracked it open yet). There were no screws in the case and some stuff was obviously damaged, so I figured I ought to tear it to...
  8. bladamson

Lear-Seigler ADM-3A+

Hey folks. I picked up this LSI terminal today. It looks kinda like an ADM-5, but the top row is a little different and it says "ADM-3A+" on the back. I haven't been able to locate a manual for this particular model. Do any of y'all know anything about it? Thanks!
  9. bladamson

No Retrochallenge 2022?

Are we not having one this year, or is it just too early to be announced yet? Are there any other similar events that I've been missing out on?
  10. bladamson

Looking for manual for "MSC 4601" 16k qbus memory card.

Hey folks. I'm trying to scare up documentation for all my pdp-11 stuff. One is this MSC 4601 card, which I believe is a 16k memory card, produced by "Monolithic Systems". Haven't been able to find any configuration documentation on it. I don't suppose any of you might point me in the right...
  11. bladamson

Quick Look at PDP-8 and PDP-11 Systems on Chip

A quick video while I get to a point where I can make another one on my H11. Any of you guys ever build a SBC6120? https://odysee.com/@Old.Computer.Fun:f/PDP8_PDP11_SOCs:b
  12. bladamson

QBus SRAM card thoughts...

So I have been looking over this: https://www.5volts.ch/pages/qbusmemory/qbusmemory/ It's a 4 meg sram card for qbus using modern-ish components. I want to use this (the cpld code in particular) as a path to building my own on a glitchworks protoboard, except with 512k x 8 through hole srams...
  13. bladamson

Mid Atlantic WTB: Floppy Disk Notcher

I know, I know, I could just use a hole punch, but I am anal. Lol. Shipping to West Virginia (26802). I can settle up with PayPal. Please PM me with your offer if you have one you'd like to get rid of. Thanks!!
  14. bladamson

Advantech PCA-6187 Industrial SBC

Hey folks. I have the aforementioned PCA-6187 industrial cpu. It is designed to be plugged into a PICMG 1.0 spec backplane, which locates the isa edge connector in the usual position, and the pci connector behind that. The card draws power from the bus, as well as from a 12v header. I want...
  15. bladamson

WTB qbus scsi controller that supports booting from hard disk, preferably Emulex UC07.

I've had an ebay search bookmarked for months, but nothing other than tape controllers ever show up for less than $250. I'm not prepared to pay that much for something like this, vs just using the qbone. If any of you have something laying around that you want to get rid of for a more...
  16. bladamson

Heathkit H11A Gett'er Working Thread.

Good evening gentlemen. Within the past month or so, I've become the latest caretaker of a Heathkit H11A and a pile of QBus cards. This is a machine that has been on my bucket list for some time, so I am very excited to be able to service the machine, get it back in operating order, and...
  17. bladamson

Where the heck did all the terminfo entries for hardware serial terminals go?!?

So it looks like /lib/terminfo is really stripped down in newer Debian/Devuan releases (I'm running Devuan Ceres). Nothing but stuff like ansi, linux, xterm, etc. Nothing for my H19 or DT-1 anymore. Grepping around through the package database doesn't turn up any kind of subpackage to restore...
  18. bladamson

Wanted: One single VT-100 Keycap.

My VT-100 is missing the keycap at the upper left of the numeric keypad. I think this is called the "gold key" or somesuch (although my numpad has nonstandard keys anyway; some kind of software specific keys or something). I'd like to buy any keycap that will fit there properly, regardless of...
  19. bladamson

DND, an Early CRPG circa 1976

Howdy folks. Please feel free to join me as I pick apart the source code of the VMS version of Dan Lawrence's "DND", and then reimplement it in C with an eye towards future improvements, hopefully targeting 8-bit micros (at least initially). Youtube playlist here...
  20. bladamson

Nonstandard VT-100 Numpad?

I have acquired this VT-100 that I am going to try to fix at some point. It appears to have a non-standard numpad. What software was this layout for? What key am I missing? Can anyone recommend a source for either the one missing cap, or for the whole set of standard numpad caps? Thanks!
Back