• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

Midwest WTB: TDA1022 IC Chip

I need one TDA1022 Chip to repair a piece of equipment I'm working on. Please LMK what you have. Yes, I'm aware of eBay offerings. Thanks in advance!
  2. W

VIC-20 Name that Game

Hey folks, Trying to recall the name of a game, from my earliest times as a VIC owner. This would have been ca. 1982.. It was a maze game, you could say, where you piloted a ship around the screen, avoiding walls & obstacles, scoring points (I believe..) and attempting to clear the screen...
  3. W

Re-purposing a Dell laptop PSU - Question

I'd like to reuse a 19.5V Dell laptop PSU, but ran into something confusing.. The low-voltage cable (plugs into laptop case) turns out to be a "triaxial" design.. that is, starting at the outer jacket and working inward I find: Outer jacket > shield 1 > inner jacket 1 > shield 2 > inner jacket...
  4. W

Midwest RC6502 - Apple 1 Replica / Work-alike 6pc. PCB Sets - $30 shipped

I have 6pc. PCB sets for the modular version of the RC6502 Apple 1 replica / work-alike project. The following boards are included in the set: - Backplane (5-slot) - CPU board - RAM / ROM board - ROM board - Serial board (uses Arduino Nano 3 or compatible) - Clock board All boards are of the...
  5. W

Midwest XUM-1541 Built & Tested units For Sale - $39.95

Seems like almost no one wants to build a kit today, but the pre-built units are selling.. M So I'm now offering built & tested units for just $5.00 more: Only $39.95 shipped to the USA! I'm producing a small run of complete XUM-1541 II USB (PC & Mac) to CBM 1540, 1541, 1541-II, 1571, 1581...
  6. W

Midwest C64 XUM-1541 aka Zoom Floppy Parts Kits now Available - $35.00/shipped

I'm producing a small run of complete parts kits for the XUM-1541 II USB (PC & Mac) to CBM 1540, 1541, 1541-II, 1571, 1581 drive adapter. These kits also include the VIA (6522) adapter & cable for operating the 1540 / 1541 / 1541-II drives in parallel mode for even faster transfers. Complete...
  7. W

Floppy drive repair info needed - bad R/W head?

Howdy, I have here a Chinon-made Enhancer 2000 floppy drive, which is a CBM 1541 compatible designed for use with C-64 & VIC-20. It worked just dandy until.. suddenly, it didn't. There was no warning - just powered it up one day and it wouldn't read or write discs. The logic board seems largely...
  8. W

XUM-1541 II kits soon available

Howdy Commodore friends, I've decided to produce a small batch of XUM-1541 II kits for sale here on VCFED. These will be complete, turnkey parts kits requiring soldering & basic assembly. Kits will include all parts for the XUM-1541 II module itself, plus the VIA chip piggyback connector &...
  9. W

Midwest CBM / Commodore PET 40/80 Column + ROM Switcher PCBs $8.00

I still have half a dozen PC boards for the PET 40/80 column + Editor ROM Switcher mod. These boards apply to any of the "Dynamic Universal PET" models such as 4016, 8032 etc. VCFED Price is USD$8.00 each including shipping to the USA or USD$9.00 to Canada. No overseas shipments or APO/FPO...
  10. W

My hovercraft is full of eels!

We can only hope John Cleese sees this.. https://www.insider.com/emergency-aid-applications-in-alaska-native-languages-full-of-nonsense-2023-1?amp
  11. W

Midwest Kim UNO (KIM-1) kits now available with cases! USD$24.00

CASE KITS are now available for sale with the KIM Uno kits that I've been selling for the past year. KIM Uno is a hardware emulation of the venerable MOS Technology KIM-1 computer of 1976, based on an ATMEGA 328P uC. For full info on KIM Uno and its capabilities look here...
  12. W

Acquiring & playing 8-bit samples

Howdy, I'm building up a Covox type board (resistor ladder DAC) for use on CBM User Port. Two questions present: Where can I find some short-ish sample clips to test it? And how exactly do I play them back? Is it as easy as: 1) Poke a byte into the port's address 2) Waste (ClockSpeed /...
  13. W

Midwest CBM / PET 40/80 Col & ROM Switcher PCBs : $8.00

I received a new batch of Commodore PET 40/80 column & edit ROM Switcher PCBs. These will work on any of the "Universal Dynamic PET" boards. Full project info, including Bill of Materials can be found here: http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/projects/multied4080/index.html VCFED price is...
  14. W

Midwest Commodore SX-64 Keyboard Cables are nearly gone - Only (4) left! $19.95

VCFED Friends, I've made & sold replacement SX-64 keyboard cables for a couple of years now. Sales have slowed, I've run myself out of parts, and now only (4) more cables remain - all in retro rainbow wire. If you think you might want one, this is probably a very good time to get it. If you...
  15. W

Midwest WTB: IBM PS/ValuePoint Keyboard

First PC I ever owned was an IBM PS/ValuePoint 4/33 with one of those "5x86" 133MHz hop-up chips installed. It was a pretty middling piece of gear, but it did have a really nice click-clack IBM PS/2 keyboard that shipped with it. I goofed up bad.. accidentally ruined the KB and have been sore...
  16. W

Midwest CBM SX-64 Keyboard cables: $20 - ** Only (4) Left! **

I've run out of parts for SX64 keyboard cables, and currently there are only 4 units left. If you think you might want one, you should probably order one. For now, I have no plans to build any more.. sales have slowed down, despite some 50+ people watching them on eBay. You can order one from...
  17. W

Midwest KIM-Uno (KIM-1 hardware emulator) DIY KITS are available - $21.00

I'm selling another batch of the KIM-Uno kits. The KIM-Uno is a pocket sized hardware emulation of the MOS/CBM KIM-1 single board computer, powered by an Arduino Pro Mini Clone. I'm selling these via eBay for $24 shipped to the USA: Item number 165461996362 VCFED Forum member price is $21 -...
  18. W

Need some help with Flickr of all stupid things

I've temporarily lost access to my Linux webhost, so I had to come up with something to post photos on various forums (this isn't one of them). So how the hell do I find direct image URLs for Flickr photos so I can post the images? I've read several help messages but my interface to Flickr...
  19. W

Dimmable LED bulbs & dimmer switches

Can dimmable LED bulbs ("dleds") be controlled from a regular, old TRIAC / SCR-based dimmer switch? The marketing literature seems to say NO, but why might that be? What might be the difference between standard dimmers and the new types specified for dled & cf bulbs? Does running a dled bulb at...
  20. W

Repairing Atari C-140 Super Pong console - Notes & Comments

I know there's some crossover interest between Atari 8-bit and the early game consoles, so I might as well put this here. I'll try to be brief. C-140 Super Pong works, but RH paddle is very erratic and the unit often resets or fails to tally the scores. Paddle issue fixed with normal cleaning...
Back