• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. gnupublic

Nicolet 1080 (MED-80) installation

Hello, I would like to show one of my future tasks. Got the rack two weeks ago and picked up the tape and tape controller last weekend. Most about this machine can be read here https://versci.com/1080proposal/index.html . This is a great site with lots of information. Most files can be found...
  2. gnupublic

Plessey PM-837 (Omnibus card)

While waiting for some parts to change the fans of my 8/e desktop, I took this card to look after it. I got it two years ago and did not do anything with it. I even was not able to get any information about it. The numbers 700292-100 or 700233-10 did not help. Until now my friend reminded...
  3. gnupublic

DECMATE II batch processing question

Hi, Last year I got a ST-225 and build it into my DECMATE II. Then I installed OS278. Now I also installed CP/M80, DOS211 and MasterMenu, after I understood the concept of "Volumes" with Master Menu. I also created 3 further volumes to mount as RD51-RD53 (after "set handler RX01 RD5B"). Now I...
  4. gnupublic

MTI MLV11M Controller with MFM

Hello, the summer is heating the town, it's too hot for the minis in the flat, so I tried something with mico PDP11/73. My PDP11/73 came with an MTI MLV11M controller together with a Rodime RO204 disk as bootdisk. The rodime had problems from the beginning on with booting, but when it came to...
  5. gnupublic

PDP-12 Power supply question

Hello, I'm beginning to work on my PDP-12 #580, starting with the power supply. I formed the capacitors checked all diodes. Then finally I started it. Most of the voltages came up, just missing 10V. The 50W 10V zenerdiode was defect. I replaced this with a "super zener" build from an TL431...
  6. gnupublic

My quick solution for the broken trim panel brackets

drilling a 5mm hole, cutting a 6mm thread, srewing in a M6 Nylon screw. Cutting the length and pressing the front flat with an engineers pliers. This works really good, even with a pdp8/a frontpanel. I might use a black Nylon next time.... Best wishes, Volker
  7. gnupublic

ID Systems ID 100

Some weeks ago I got three of this ID 100 terminals. You could send your VT-100 to ID Systems and got it back as ID 100. The ID 100 has a colour display! The only thing I find on the web is this flyer...
  8. gnupublic

M7378, M7381 and M7382 what is it?

I found these cards in my basement in a box I got some time ago. In a "Spare Module Handbook" two of them are listed as 32Bit digital in/output card, but I do not understand the system they are for. In column P/L they are listed as "CLP". (Other cards are listed as "8/E" or "11/45". Does...
  9. gnupublic

Need help with FlipChip Tester

Hello, some times ago I got a Flip-Chip-Tester board from Roland and ordered the parts I need at Mouser. Now I had the time to solder the parts, and did all I could find on Vincents site. Did the modification on the Board (Resistor, 35nF and trace cable). Soldered the cable to connect the raspie...
  10. gnupublic

50 years of PDP-8/E! Happy Birthday

Recently I noticed the date when the PDP-8/E was introduced. It was 1970 August 25.-28. at the Western Electronic Show And Convention Los Angeles (WESCON). DEC showed the PDP-8/E with the new OMNIBUS design. This was a big advantage for the PDP development, offering other companies an easy way...
  11. gnupublic

Need help with M307A (Integrating One Shot) for TC08

The M307A drives me crazy. I'm working on two TC08 tape controllers at a time. One is working (so lala). So I change the Flip Chips for getting the second to work also. The second one has some defect FlipChips. One of them is the M307A, a one shot delay. This has to produce 2 delay times, one is...
  12. gnupublic

TC08 booting a tape with PDP8/e after repair

Some weeks ago I started to fix a TU56, that had a bad capacitor. Then I used the drive to dump several tape images I had in my basement, I used the tu56 with the TD8E controller. I had to change some cards in the TU56, because it came with a TC08. Then I started working on the TC08. Cleaning...
  13. gnupublic

PDP-8 software using EAE option

Hello, now that my EAE option is running the maindecs, I'm searching for other software using EAE. F4 with OS/8 was the first software using my EAE, because the F4 compiler tests the hardware and uses EAE or FPP when available. But what else? After some reading and searching I also found this...
  14. gnupublic

searching for EDUSYSTEM-10 BASIC

Hello, I know there are some different BASICs available for the PDP8. There are more, but at the moment I have running CINET BASIC (4k) BASIC-8 (8k) OS/8 Basic Cinet and BASIC-8 are interpreters, while OS/8 Basic is a compiler. Cinet and BASIC-8 have 27Bit floating point. OS/8 Basic uses...
  15. gnupublic

"Kill The Bit" as network game with lab8/e and pdp8/m

A funny projekt. Just one cross cable between two M8655 interfaces. One in a lab8/e, the other in a pdp8/m. I was happy that the code run nearly spot on, just one bug to find. This is what happens: video the code is here. (Please scroll down a bit.) Have fun, Volker
  16. gnupublic

EAE M8340E+M8341D and M8340D+M8341B

in some threads here I read about different layouts of J and F connectors of EAE cards. Now I have a pair of EAE cards in my lab/8 that does not seem to fit together. Meanwhile I the got an other pair, that also does not fit, but now I can combine two pairs with equal headconnector layout...
  17. gnupublic

how many PDP8 installations then and now?

Often I find the number of >50.000 of "true" PDP8 computers. They are many sites that give that number like http://homepage.divms.uiowa.edu/~jones/pdp8/faqs/ But now I found an artikel: https://www.computerwoche.de/a/dec-78-furore-mit-billig-mini,1199095 In this text is a quotation from...
  18. gnupublic

pdp8/e onverting Zuse Z64 Graphomat papertape to TEK graphic

Hello, we had this on display at VCFB last weekend in Berlin, Germany. Some Zuse Z64 Graphomat papertapes were read from a program on the pdp8/e, converting it and sending it to a Tektronix 4010 Emulation terminal. I did no picture or film on the festival, but if you are interested in the...
  19. gnupublic

LAB8/E changing characters

Hello, my name is Volker and I'm working in IT business since 22 years. Now that I'm in my fifty's, I found back to my roots and the computer I had when I was young. I realized it was fun and wanted to go further back in time. Since then I'm reading in this part of the forum, because I got very...
Back