• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

The South [WTB] DCTV for Amiga (NTSC)

Looking for a DCTV for my A1200. Thanks!
  2. M

Need to get a 1084s monitor repaired

You might hunt for some crt repair channels on youtube. They may repair it for free in exchange for the content.
  3. M

Need to get a 1084s monitor repaired

Sounds repairable because what you are describing sounds to me like low voltage problems due to bad caps and possibly bad current limiting resistor on the heater element. The CRT itself, yoke, and flyback seem to be fine, so I would seek out someone to repair the monitor. 1084s monitors aren't...
  4. M

commodore 128DCR stuck after COMMODORE BASIC 128 banner no ready prompt

What happens if you reset the disk drive while the machine is locked up?
  5. M

C128D capacitor question + BREAK

In my experience this happens if the CIA is inserted upside down. Look closely at the board, many of the chips are flipped upside down to make the routing work. If you replace a CIA without looking you may insert it "right side up", but if you look at the silk screen it should actually be...
  6. M

Citizen 24 pin printers Amiga?

I have been collecting CRT monitor repair books and yes they are very hard to find.
  7. M

OK! My citizen GSX 140 arrived, and I could not figure out how the "Citizen Print Manager" was supposed to work. The printer drivers were not standard drivers, so I could not just drop them into the printers directory, this caused Final Copy to just crash. So, I chose the driver "Epson X...
  8. M

Actually I think they were both color so I am not sure there is really any difference except maybe the GSX140 sold with drivers for Windows! It's amazing how quickly information about old printers is vanishing from the internet.
  9. M

Right, thanks, but it's 24 pin color so I am not sure which Epson driver may work. Definitely not just the 9 pin. I realized after posting this that I must have had a Swift 24 not a GSX-140, they look identical, but the GSX is color. Hopefully the Swift 24 Amiga drivers will work with the GSX140.
  10. M

Awesome thanks! I did find a 1992 citizen driver disk also so hopefully one of these two will work.
  11. M

I just purchased a Citizen GSX140 24 pin printer, because I found a photo of my desk in the 90s and this is definitely the printer I was using with my Amiga. Problem is, I can't find any reference to it and Amiga anywhere. No mention of drivers etc. Is it epson 24 pin compatible? Do...
  12. M

Backbit Tester Pro and MT4264

The pro is doing 4 passes ... maybe its something specific to the new 4th pass.
  13. M

Right thanks, yes MT4264 dram (subject line). I generally do not fullly trust a tester especially for chips like the PLA which can be timing sensitive but ram seems fairly straight forward to test. The ram which failed with 1% failure rate works in the computer (well 99% of the time I...
  14. M

"had" some bad ram, too late to edit.
  15. M

I'm repairing a C128, and fad some bad ram. I ordered some ram from ebay, and all 8 of the new chips fail the backbit tester from 1% to 8%. I find it hard to believe that every single chip is bad and so did the seller but if the tester wrote and then read data that is now different obviously...
  16. M

Commodore pet flickering screen

I'm not familiar with working on pets but it sounds like a bad connection, cracked trace, cracked solder joint etc on the power to the crt. Voltage is jumping because load is dropping my guess. I had the same issue with many TRS 80 Model 4's all due to cracked traces at the pin headers.
  17. M

Someone's modified 1541

Looks like you are probably right: device select, device # display, and possibly drive number is my guess.
  18. M

Tandy Model 100/102 modem pickup line

I'm pretty sure the cables are reversed. I actually used this old pulse modem a bunch in the early 90s! Also, I just happen to have a nice M102 arriving today. I'm sitting here waiting for the fedex truck!
  19. M

hel Hes trying to dial in this case. This old modem has answer and originate controlled by a switch and is pulse dial only. I think its just a wiring error, there are two plugs provided and only one works for dialing.
  20. M

I believe the original had two cables coming from the din connector. One goes to the phone line and the other to the phone itself. When going off hook, the phone line side goes off hook and the phone side disconnects (so you cant pick up the phone while connected and disrupt the connection)...
Back