• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

The South [WTB] DCTV for Amiga (NTSC)

Looking for a DCTV for my A1200. Thanks!
  2. M

Citizen 24 pin printers Amiga?

I just purchased a Citizen GSX140 24 pin printer, because I found a photo of my desk in the 90s and this is definitely the printer I was using with my Amiga. Problem is, I can't find any reference to it and Amiga anywhere. No mention of drivers etc. Is it epson 24 pin compatible? Do...
  3. M

Backbit Tester Pro and MT4264

I'm repairing a C128, and fad some bad ram. I ordered some ram from ebay, and all 8 of the new chips fail the backbit tester from 1% to 8%. I find it hard to believe that every single chip is bad and so did the seller but if the tester wrote and then read data that is now different obviously...
  4. M

Model 100 ROM and source code?

I'm trying to troubleshoot a dead model 100. I have a logic analyzer set up, and I know someone disassembled the rom image, but after much googling I just can't seem to find it. I'd also like to compare it with the original rom to make sure the rom itself isn't bad. Anyone happen to know...
  5. M

Model 4 hires board compatibility?

I know there are some minor differences between the hires boards, I've read that the Radio Shack version requires a different method to display graphics over text. Are most games compatible with both boards? Asking because I have a Radio Shack hires board, and some games such as pentagram and...
  6. M

Help with Model 4 hires board issue

I recently received an original Tandy Hires board for my Model 4. Unfortunately I am getting two columns (always same two) of garbage which change in bit pattern as the screen is being written to. The entire column will be characters of the same pattern. I thought maybe one of the ram chips...
  7. M

Determining keyboard protocol for dumb terminal

This may not be the correct forum but I figured people here would have the most experience with dumb terminals. I recently purchased a 1992 Liberty Freedom (ASPECT?) amber dumb terminal. It works, but the keyboard is not the correct keyboard, and it did some damage when the seller tried to...
  8. M

Keyboard troubleshooting

I purchased an Amber monochrome dumb terminal, but it came with a mismatched keyboard. Sold as not working. I found that the pinout of the keyboard was different than the terminal pinout, so it fried the 7404N buffer chip by sending 12V to the data line. Upon testing the keyboard with bench...
  9. M

Lucky score today another Compaq Portable

Managed to get a compaq portable plus for $100 today, with original compaq leather case. I expected it to be totally DOA as it was sold for parts, and my last compaq portable 1 had every single card fail plus motherboard due to bad caps or buffer chips. I've been working on it for weeks. I...
  10. M

Max on board memory for Compaq Portable 1?

I'm working on a compaq portable 1, which has 256K onboard. Is is the later motherboard with only one set of dip switches, and I have the more recent bios. I tried replacing the 64K in bank 3 with 256Kb ram chips (plus one for parity which should have given me 448K) but bios only recognized...
  11. M

Time Spectrum 384 Multifunction Board?

Is anyone familiar with this board? I've seen a lot of them around, and got one in my Compaq Portable. Unfortunately, the system doesn't see the memory and I am not sure of the dip and jumper settings. I've searched and the only thing I could find is this...
  12. M

Compaq Portable 1 VDU repair help - schematics? replacement?

After many hours of tracking down bad caps, I finally got my new Compaq Portable 1 to post, and give me error codes on the screen! Woohoo! So I inserted my floppy controller card, and dang no post. Ok no problem. Removed it and SADLY I now have no video. :( My victory was very short lived...
  13. M

Model 4 scuffed up case cleaning

I've had a few Model 4's and there is always a good dark scuff somewhere that I can't remove. I've tried simple green, alcohol, dish soap, magic erasers, all with only moderate success. My most recent one had really large black dark marks all over it... some sort of rubber or paint from...
  14. M

Making boot disks from older DOS version via FreHD ?

I have a collection of games on my FreHD LDOS 531 image. I'd like to make a boot disk of that OS so that I can copy those games to floppy and play them on my other Model 4 (which does not have a FreHD installed). After booting the LDOS 531 games image, I type SYSTEM(DRIVE=7,ENABLE)...
  15. M

How to access floppy drives after booting into FreHD ?

I'm new to the TRS-80 model 4.. I've booted from FreHD in LS-DOS 6 and managed to import some disk images (cobol) to my hard drive partition. I wanted to also write a real floppy of the cobol disk, but realized the devices (0-7) are all assigned to hard disk partitions. How do I mount the...
  16. M

TRS 80 model 4 non-game software

I'm not interested in games, but I would like to know what type of productivity software was available for the TRS 80 model 3/4 Primary interests: Model Rocketry Astronomy Electronics Chemistry Programming A COBOL compiler would be a good start. Any other programs available?
  17. M

Model 4 Keyboards (squeaky?)

I have two model 4's, one with clustered keys and one with the original style keyboard. The original keyboard had the typical key switch problems, and I rebuilt it (if anyone wants this done i may be able to help), and now it works fine. It's comfortable and quiet to type on. The clustered...
  18. M

Portable Disk Drive 2 - possible repair help

I just purchased a model 100 which came with a PDD2. I've owned the original PDD in the past, but it was a long long time ago. When I turn it on, I would expect the motor to spin briefly and head to move, but nothing happens. I opened it up and verified there is a solid 5V on the power rail...
  19. M

TRS-80 model 4 gate array toubleshooting

I have a model 4 gate array I just purchased which had a HXC2001 floppy emulator installed and the floppies removed. I came with a pile of disk drives. It tries to boot from SD card but I didn't have a valid config file so it complains. I removed the floppy emulator so I could re-install the...
  20. M

Netronics Explorer 85 S100 System

Hi did you ever find anything? I have two CDC 8" floppy drives but no controller. Looking for one or any info on one.
Back