• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

IBM 5160 XT early BIOS 5000026 found with interesting date code

Hi everyone, I want to share this interesting find with the vintage community. It is an early BIOS ROM for the 5160 XT that was recently rescued from ebay. The date code is 8242, which is a few weeks earlier than the other known 5000026 ROM ICs. There are 3 examples documented at the...
  2. C

Seattle Computer SCP-220A? 8088 module identification

SCP-220A ?? Curious if anyone knows what this could be for? 8088 CPU module of some type with 74LS chips and a little pin header. Hmmm... can't seem to find any info about this. (pics from ebay listing, not mine)
  3. C

Early 5150 motherboard

I recently acquired this early 5150 motherboard into the collection. It was fitted with the original 5700051 BIOS, and the chip dates indicate production times in Sep. 81, so I'm placing production time for this board sometime in late Sep. / early Oct. 1981. It appears this board was produced...
  4. C

Seagate ST-125 wanted

I'm looking for a Seagate ST-125A or ST-125L (with cable) 3.5" 20mb IDE drive. Let me know if you have one and what condition. I am interested to buy or to trade for other drives. Thanks
  5. C

Another Seagate ghost model, ST-251R ??

https://retronn.de/hwpics/Seagate%20ST251%20Product%20Manual%201987.pdf Seagate product manual ST251/ST251 R/ST277R February 3, 1987 36035-001, Revision A So, I think I have found another ghosted model hard drive ... I can find no proof of existence on this one, ie: no product photos or...
  6. C

Orchid Tiny Turbo 286 for trade (or sale)

Just finished testing this nice little board. Cable and everything appears to be in good condition. I installed a 287-10 in it and it passes all tests installed in an IBM XT 8088 640k machine. Boots up in both 8088 4.77mhz and 80286 7.12Mhz modes. I already have one of these cards in the...
  7. C

IBM PC 83-key keyboard with Cmd keys instead of Function keys

So I pulled a PC keyboard off the shelf today and when I sat down and started typing, I noticed the Function keys were labeled Cmd1, Cmd2, etc. instead of F1, F2 ... Searched online and couldn't really a find a reference for these, so I'm curious if anyone might know what it is? Were there...
  8. C

Seagate 5.25" ST-277R "Frankendrive"

So, going further with explorations of the 5.25" half-height Seagate drive models, here are today's vintage hard drive shenanigans ... I attempted to convert an ST-277N (scsi) to ST-277R (rll) using a donor board from an ST-251. Will it work?
  9. C

Seagate 5.25 "vaporware" drives ST206 and ST278

Forking this thread from the for sale forum: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?78515-Seagate-5-25-quot-MFM-hard-drive-boards So yeah, the ST206 was apparently one of the early models they worked on and it appears to not have made it out to the market. There's a mention of it here in...
  10. C

Seagate 5.25" MFM hard drive boards

I have some boards for vintage Seagate 5.25 Half-height hard drives if anyone needs board repair/replacement. ST-225 ST-238r ST-251 tested and working... several choices of each for best match. I'm open for trades or offers. Let me know what you need, thanks! I also have some working ST-225...
  11. C

IC chips and connectors for sale or trade

I have some ICs (new old stock) for trade (or sale) if anyone is looking for any of these. I figured these may be of interest to some of my fellow vintage computer friends. I'm interested in trades for other chips (PC related) or anything vintage PC related. Let me know if you are looking for...
  12. C

A Varta battery too good not to share...

I pulled a Varta battery from a 1984/85 vintage Quadboard and was surprised it hadn't yet leaked ... even better, it still has .8v haha Ironically, this battery has destroyed most Quadboards. Not this one, somehow. The PC it came out of was a rat infested nightmare, yet this thing cleaned...
  13. C

Shugart SA 606 Hard Drive

Does anyone have any interest in a Shugart model 606 hard drive? It appears to be a 5.25" full height drive, 160 cyl, 6 heads, 10mb mfm. The drive spins up and sounds like it initializes. This is probably one worth saving as it seems like a rare model and I couldn't find much info about it...
  14. C

Looking at Seattle Computer Products SCP-135 "RAM+6" multifunction board

Hi everyone, I am taking a look at this rare board, a Seattle Computer Products "RAM+6" multifunction board, offering 384k of RAM, RS-232 port, parallel port, game port and battery backed clock. Seattle Computer Products "Ram+6" or "RAM Plus 6" Model: SCP-135 The functions of this board are...
  15. C

GW-BASIC released as open source

Haven't looked at the source yet, but check this out: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/microsoft-open-sources-gw-basic/ Wow!
  16. C

Seagate MFM drive model numbers and differences ?

Hey everyone, I'm curious to learn more about Seagate MFM drive part number variations ... the usual suspects, ST225, etc. I've seen a random few drives with "MLC" following the model number, ex: "ST-251 MLC-1" What is the meaning of MLC-1? I've also seen some part numbers like "ST-251...
  17. C

Large PC collections?

I'm curious to hear more about large PC collections and what might be the sizes of large collections in existence? Anyone with 10 or more PCs? 20 or more? How about large collections of original IBMs? IF somebody wanted to have the largest PC collection on earth, how many working systems...
  18. C

A interesting CC&C multi-function board

I found a multi-function adapter from a company called "CC&C". It has 384k of ram, serial ports, parallel port and floppy controller daughterboard. I haven't been able to find any information about this board so far, but I figured I would share some pics and see if perhaps anyone can shed some...
  19. C

Innovation Computer Corp XT clone

Looking for an XT clone computer by Innovation Computer Corp. They were a XT clone from Michigan built on a backplane design, probably in a case style similar to IBM PC/XT. Thanks!
  20. C

NEC Multisync 1401 monitor settings

I'm playing around with the original NEC multisync 1401p3a monitor, trying to sort out all of the settings. After searching around I've unfortunately been unable to find a user manual. The color settings all work fine, and CGA/EGA display nicely on this monitor, but there are settings I'm...
Back