• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Restoring an old IMSAI 8080

I'm working on restoring an old IMSAI 8080 I recently acquired. The system itself looks to have been sitting for the last 30 years or so. I removed everything and checked the power supply first, which measured perfect. I installed the cpu card and a ram card and the system came up without any...
  2. S

Mariposa SRAM Card?

Is anyone familiar with this S-100 64K SRAM card? It says "Mariposa Design Group" on the side, and has 64K of SRAM. Each SRAM has a small jumper that is labeled RA/RO (Read Only?). The center of the PCB has a set of 4 jumpers labeled X0/G0 to X3/G3. Another jumper labeled GB, and...
  3. S

Building a 5170 memory card (for all system memory)

I have a couple of 5170 systems, and one of them has significant number of bad DRAMs. While you can still get some of stacked DRAMs from ebay, the supply isn't huge, and the cost to replace all 512K is pretty high. Based on a conversation between a few other members a while back...
  4. S

Greetings from Portland

Hello from Portland, Oregon - Vintage enthusiast, electrical engineer, was an engineer at Intel in the 90s. Enjoy microprocessor design, implementing designs in hardware, CPLDs, and FPGA. A good amount of surface mount work, plus the firmware and software goodies that go with it. I have a...
  5. S

MTM PC Retro Part list

I recently got an MTM Retro PC PCB (which you can still get from MTM), which is a new 5150 cloned PCB. Unfortunately the complete kits are no longer available. Does anyone who has one of the kits have a parts list that might have come with the kit? I'm trying to build up my own parts, but...
Back