• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Looking for Borland's TMAKE.EXE for PTS-DOS

Thanks for your kind words! :) Attached is the latest (2023) diff to the original source of COMMAND.COM ... of course there are still bugs ...
  2. J

Not sure if you can still buy PTS-DOS 32/2000 from PhysTechSoft (the original manufacturer) in Russia, since the website is from 2017 and may not be related to the company at all ... seems that Paragon still exists, but no longer offers PTS-DOS (aka PT$/DOS) ...
  3. J

That was me back in 1998 ... I have already sent the modified source code for COMMAND.COM to dieymir, if anyone is interested ...
  4. J

Model III Holmes FDC & Real Time Clock

SETCLK.ASM by F. J. Kraan could be helpfull ...
  5. J

Model III Holmes FDC & Real Time Clock

The lower right chip appears to have the "<OKI>" logo. It is probably the MSM5832 ...
  6. J

September 2022 edition of TRS8BIT newsletter

Thanks, Dusty ... although his name never appears on the screen I found this in a disk image of CP/M 2.2a for the Genie III:
  7. J

September 2022 edition of TRS8BIT newsletter

His name also appears in some programs of CP/M 2.2a for the EACA EG 3200 Genie III, maybe he even adapted the entire CP/M for this machine. Are some information known about this?
  8. J

Need help baffled by FreHD setup under LDOS 5.3.1

To rule out a possibly defective RSHARD5/DCT file: does it work in an TRS-80 emulator?
  9. J

Sorry for the noise: I confused it with XTRSHARD ...
  10. J

Why do you disable the drive? SYSTEM (DRIVE=2,DRIVER="RSHARD5",ENABLE)
  11. J

TRS-80 Windows-based Emulator with user-definable resizeable Window size.

Seems like it's all about the "sound of floppy drives", not accessing real disk drives: this function is available in MAME and TRS32 ... Everaldo R. Lima hacked the original version of SDLTRS for his project to play the "sound of floppy drives" and kindly sent me his changes and the samples ...
  12. J

Level I ROM dump or disassembly?

Annotated disassembly of the TRS-80 Level 1 ROM on GitHub: https://github.com/andyv/level1
  13. J

SDL2TRS in Linux

Inspired by Episode 42 of TRS-80 Trash Talk about The Muscle Micros I've added Support 4 MHz for TRS-80 Model III ... like the Model 4/4P this is using D6 on port 0xEC and was supported by LDOS 5.3.1 with the SYSTEM command: ... based on the wording, I'm assuming this applies to the Model III...
  14. J

Assistance Creating Disk for Model 4 Gate Array

Hopefully that should work too ... sometimes it may be necessary to "overwrite" the floppy disk several times ... Since David Keil's TRS-80 emulators are now over 20 years old (and still in use), I wonder if anyone has tried to contact the author so that the source code might be released as...
  15. J

Seems that the drive number 3 is not enabled in TRS-DOS ... please execute SYSTEM (DRIVE=3,ENABLE) ...
  16. J

The special DSK files for real floppy drives are hidden in the support.zip archive ...
  17. J

Recommendations on ISA SVGA card?

"Universal VESA VBE" (UNIVBE.EXE) supports the Trident 88/8900 ...
  18. J

Recommendations on ISA SVGA card?

The "Speedstar" and the "Speedstar 24" (without the "x") uses the Tseng Labs ET4000AX chip. The benchmark above compares the "Speedstar 24X" (WD90C31 chip) to the ET4000AX and there doesn't seem to be any difference in 3DBENCH ...
  19. J

Tim Mann's FAQ ']How can I convert .DSK files to real TRS-80 floppy disks? shouldn't be missing here...
Back