• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

IBM SSA on AIX?

Has anyone here setup or used an IBM SSA storage box on AIX? have to admit i'm still very much a UNIX N00B and have no idea what I'm doing. I've installed the adapter in my 7012-340 IBM RS/6000 and thats about as far as I've gotten so far. The IBM 7133-600 SSA storage enclosure sure is...
  2. P

WTB: IBM PC SERVER 320 or 520

WANT TO BUY IBM PC SERVER 320 or 520 MCA SYSTEM. Dead or alive. even just the chassis less motherboard. (I have a server 320 board just not the chassis) and the server 320 MCA/PCI board does not fit a server 330 chassis.
  3. P

A tale of two IBM PS/2 Model 77 systems

Back in April of 2020 I wound up with a lot of IBM PS/2 systems and related parts that had once belonged to the Alberta Government. unfortunately all of the systems were in rough shape. Dust, dirt, and worst of all mice poop + subsequent corrosion from mouse urine. ewww. anyways the most...
  4. P

IBM PS/2 Model 85 "K/N" story

SO this story begins browsing eBay as it does for many of us. I remember seeing this IBM PS/2 Model 85 go up for sale a few months before with a buy it now price of $950cad (every price I state will be in Canadian dollars) I know from watching this video from William Walsh: HERE These systems...
  5. P

Ibm rs/6000 7012-340

Hey guys, I hope I've posted this thread in the correct section of the forum. It doesn't seem like this section sees much love. have to admit i haven't posted or lurked for awhile. Life happens... anyways I digress. I recently scored my first IBM RS/6000 system. specifically a 7012-340...
  6. P

WTB: IBM 5151 shipped to Canada

As the title states, looking to purchase an IBM 5151 Monochrome green screen monitor. Preferably in functional condition. Looking to avoid the $600+ prices I've been seeing on ebay.
  7. P

IBM PS/2 Model 90 XP WFW 3.11 issues

So, as the title states I'm having some issues with WFW and my PS/2 Model 90. So, some background: IBM PS/2 Model 90 XP 486. DX2 50mhz type 2 complex, 32mb ram, 1gb scsi drive, XGA2 and Novell NE/2 NIC. The machine was running just fine with MS DOS 6.22 and WFW 3.11, totally stable. (once i...
  8. P

XTEND Microproducts Renaissance 486 Help.

So I am a bit of a Microchannel noob. But I got my first couple IBM PS/2 Microchannel machines yesterday in a huge lot of stuff. I got Model 9577, Model 8560, and 2 P70s. But it was the boxes of parts that were really curious. Looks like alot of parts for machines I didn't get sadly. But...
  9. P

IBM PC AT sacrilege (AKA upgrade special)

SO I wound up through some misguided eBay bidding with 2 IBM Personal Computer AT 5170 machines. One of them cam from the US (made in USA machine) & the other machine came from Germany (funnily enough the shipping was less than the machine from the US?) and that was a made in UK machine. Both...
  10. P

IBM extended esdi controller questions

So i've been searching around on ebay looking for ways to waste money... I ran across the IBM extended esdi controller card. I believe it belongs to an IBM 6150 RT system, but is there any reason why it wouldn't work in an IBM AT 5170? The 5170 already has an aftermarket bios so drive type...
  11. P

IBM APTIVA What is that mysterious ticking noise?

So I picked up this IBM APTIVA 2134 system a couple weeks ago, it seems to work flawlessly. It seems to be a fairly low hours system, still had all it's factory installed hardware. (yes even the MWAVE) Now the machine seems to work just fine, but I've noticed the power supply makes a very...
  12. P

Printing from Vintage PCs with modern printer.

I've been think about this for awhile, but can't seem to find much through google so i figured I'd talk about this here. I like many of us here have alot of Vintage PC's, but what i don't have is any vintage printers, and to be perfectly honest i don't really want any. Unless I found...
  13. P

PC case rust repair

So recently I picked up a leading edge Model D that had been dumped off at a recycling center. As you can see the machine was in very sorry shape. I was able to get it completely functional hardware wise, but I really wanted to do something about the case. So I ground down the rusted...
  14. P

Packard Bell Legend 610 won't post

So I just picked up this Packard Bell Legend 610 last night. I've done some basic troubleshooting, but all I've gotten it to do so far is beep. Legend 610 with a 486 SX 25 so nothing special, but for $10 I can't complain too much. Previous owner said it had been in storage for 5 or 6 years...
  15. P

WTB: IBM memory expansion cards

WTB/ ISO any IBM ISA memory expansion boards (photos below) not looking for any MCA boards (yet) any 8bit or 16bit genuine IBM memory expansion boards. for IBM 5150 , 5160, & 5170. but in reality I'm mostly looking for the 512k memory board for the IBM 5170 AT. I have an example of the 128k...
  16. P

Experience with XTA or XT-IDE hard drives?

I got this 8mhz XT turbo clone machine a while back, It had a WD Filecard installed in it. The hard drive included had a failed capacitor and was smoking like crazy. interesting I went down the rabbit hole of discovery as this machine had a WD-93048-X XTA or XT-IDE hard drive installed...
  17. P

An Eclectic Canadian Collection of IBM PC compatibles

Greetings from Canada, just thought I would share some of my strange/Eclectic collection here in Canada. It's a little bit odd for some that I'm only 23 and collecting 80s and 90s hardware, but hey I like this stuff! I've only recently gotten into IBM PC compatibles this last year after...
  18. P

WTB: IBM 5154 & IBM 1887744 PS/2 display adapter

As the title says, looking to purchase an IBM 5154 either working or not. This one is on ebay, but it seems to be missing the power supply. I'd rather purchase one that is "complete" even if non functional...
  19. P

Everex RAM 8000AT EV178 configuration help

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this card. it's an Everex RAM 8000 AT EV178 My woes are in the software for this card, I'm hoping that someone has archive of the EV178.exe that is used to configure the eeprom on this card. I have tried the Archives of the software for other...
Back