• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Need help with 5170 Memory Refresh

Thanks modem7. I did what you said and lifted pin 5 of U88 from the socket and the problem persisted. The 1.19MHz would be good and then it would go crazy. Of course this eliminated u103 issues. Based on the diagram, pin 2 of u18 goes directly to U88 pin 1 and nothing else. To make a long...
  2. S

Need help with 5170 Memory Refresh

My 5170 Type 1 MB started having issues recently. I threw in the trusty LankMark ROMS and it shows memory refresh failure. Sometimes it will show it right away, other times maybe the 2nd or 3rd round it will fail. I broke out the oscope and started tracing things out. The 14.318MHz signal is...
  3. S

MK4128 DRAM

I will indeed check into that as soon as I can. Thanks
  4. S

MK4128 DRAM

It will not Initialize so I don't know but since it's it vintage, I want to repair it and I thought I'd put it in a memory tester. Without knowing the setup, I'm not sure how to set the tester. My tester can check 4128 piggyback memory but I doubt it will check these. I can reprogram the...
  5. S

MK4128 DRAM

So your saying that even though stamped 4128, they are probably 32k with RAS being either pin 3 or 4.
  6. S

MK4128 DRAM

I guess it could be. I just know it is actually stamped MK4128N-xx. I'm at work and the xx of course is the speed that I can't remember off the top of my head. It is interesting.
  7. S

MK4128 DRAM

Curious, does anyone have the pinout of the MK4128 DRAM chip. This is not the piggybacked 4128 on the type 1 IBM motherboard. These are single 4128 chips on an old video card and I can't find anything on these anywhere. I didn't think they ever made a single 4128 but they evidently do because...
  8. S

Orchid Eccell Memory Board

Not sure if I'm putting this in the correct place. I purchased an Orchid Excell extended/expanded memory board and for the life of me I am unable to find drivers for this card anywhere. Would anyone out there happen to have these drivers that I could get? I would sure appreciate your help in...
  9. S

Request for help on 5170 Mobo

10. S

Request foor help on 5170 Mobo

I have purchased an IBM 5170 with the Type 1 Mobo. I knew it didn't work when I got it but I do have some electronics background and thought I could make it work. I have changed out all the tantalum caps as well as a few of the MLCC. I installed the Supersoft BIOS v1.2 and it led me in a...
Back