• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

3. PSU rotated I have removed shield from PSU. It was easier than thought (2 mounting screws needs to remove and then psu body can be rotated to vertical position). Now must try pull the psu board to replace these 1000uf capacitors. Not sure if there are RIFA caps too... What about this big...
  2. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

How to remove PSU? There are top 4 screws but it is not enough to remove the shield.
  3. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

yes, obviously unit was disconnected all of the time. I think that will be around 1 month from last power on by seller (where worked..?). Could you provide example of replacement of this ACbox? Also I think how to open PSU shell without disasembling everything? To check if there are RIFA caps...
  4. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

Knife + Hammer on the straight sides. At corners I had to use screwdriver + hammer. Don't know what's next. If well understood @Qbus then nowadays AC Box is not so important and can skip melting this black shit and just do a bridge? But from my personal curiosity I would like to see whats the...
  5. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

Finally I opened AC Box and now I understand why it was so annoying... I put new photos of it to AC Box link.
  6. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

Currently on inspection is AC Box, as house fuses were activated on OFF machine state. I tried open case of PSU too in meantime but top 4 screws is not enough. Seems that plate is also screwed in back side with port connectors and don't know now how to disassembly it.
  7. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

I checked resistance between ends and resistance is very low (shorted, buzzer)
  8. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

2. AC Box Shell of AC Box is sealed...
  9. M

IBM 5100 - worklog

Recently purchased the unit. It was tested by seller but in my home fuses were blown during connecting to power (on OFF state). Got advices to check capacitors in AC Box (it may be also false positive alarm). Will try slowly go thru each step to clean it and restore. During this worklog advices...
  10. M

IBM Displaywriter 6580 journey

Thanks for explanation... Are these 64KB/32KB memories are needed elsewhere (in other machines) critically? To know what should I keep in collection or spare parts for future purposes. One extra problem related to floppy drive propably solved. AC adapter from 230->110 needs also frequency...
  11. M

Printer was used with this system - it is even on youtube by previous owner. But before will try check what happened with printer, then want assembly back main units. Anyone know what is difference between serial cards?
  12. M

Locally bought rusted Displaywriter set without keyboard (unit / monitor / floppy drive). As no signs of life then decided to find another working unit and do inspections. Found nice set in germany with keyboard and printer. Also got extra set but based on 110V. Then having 3 sets I could do...
  13. M

IBM PGC

Would like to test 5175 monitor in native mode. But can't find working software. VDI and VDIPGDSYS are loaded. Downloaded this via webarchive: https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/Driver:PGC but menu is different and doesnt ask about PGC output.
  14. M

Eastern Europe IBM Beamspring keyboard

Don't have particular model in mind. I never had these keyboards and would like to feel these clicks. Can be modded to usb. Swap preferably from my wide range stuff but will consider any offers.
  15. M

Innoventions Ramcheck firmware

Webpage: http://www.innoventions.com/ftp.htm Recently obtained Ramcheck but couldnt find published upgrade firmware (ramcheck / lx) Before Covid time they even reply friendly via email, now it is impossible.
  16. M

Vintage Radio

I arrange my room and would like find nice old vintage radio but related to PC. Maybe is something special which never seen and you can recommend...
  17. M

Eastern Europe Microsoft Mach 10 Speed selection switch (or box with it)

To complete my set would like to find this switch. Alternatively full set with it.
  18. M

Texas WTB: AT / 486 Case With at Least 4 5.25" Bays

Here is example of bad Big tower case: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IbEorTiYoOhvC6DRtI0CtDd4oBksK3E7?usp=sharing
  19. M

IBM XT accelerator Microsoft Mach10 soft/man

Anyone has it?
  20. M

Eastern Europe Microsoft Mach20 - daughterboards or whole set

I have base card but don't daughterboards. Can buy them or exchange for something from my wide range stuff. // Also you can check my full wanted list in my signature
Back