• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. ftcnet

Vintage quantum computer collecting?

Is it too early to consider 1st gen quantum computing devices as 'vintage' computers? They look great (like expensive chandeliers) and were literally as cool as can be. What happens to these early attempts at quantum computing? Do they get canabalized to make subsequent models? Do they end...
  2. ftcnet

Pacific Northwest DEC PDP8 items (PC04, TU60, VR14, etc...)

I'm looking to acquire the following items: DEC PDP8-E rack header panels, especially items 1, 2 and 4 (rack filler strips) PC04 paper tape reader & punch. I'd also consider a PC05 - I believe it can be reworked/retrofitted to be a PC04? TU60 dual cassette tape drive. I have enough...
  3. ftcnet

CSC-8 M5941 M8361 X-Bus - Omnibus Interface

Here's something for DEC 12-bit ethusiasts. Apparently DEC made a line of industrial control devices (analog, digital I/O, watchdog timers, etc...) used to control parts of oil refineries, pulp & paper mills or similar industrial processes. These Compact System Controller (CSC) devices...
  4. ftcnet

LQP8E - M8366 LQP01 (Diablo 630 Hytype II) Omnibus interface

I haven't seen it online anywhere, so I've uploaded a couple of scans for the DEC LQP8-E (M8366) Omnibus interface/controller for the LQP01 (Diablo 630 HyType II) daisy-wheel printer. There's a Rev C version that includes the hex-size 'load board' info. Probably used during checkout of the...
  5. ftcnet

Digital Hardware/Accessories Catalog 1975 .. now available

A possibly interesting collection of info on 1970's era DEC cabinets, connector blocks, power supplies, wire-wrap modules, interface IC's, etc.. ref: Digital Hardware/Accessories Catalog 1975
  6. ftcnet

What were the DT8-E modules?

I see mention of these three early serial Omnibus options (DT8-EA, DT8-EB and DT8-EC). Were these ever produced (did M83xx module numbers get assigned)? Are there any references to them in any software or documentation? I'm curious if anyone has ever seen these Omnibus serial options? Did...
  7. ftcnet

Addmaster 601-1 paper tape reader schematic ?

I'm looking for a DEC PC04 paper tape reader/punch for my 8E and have the complete document set for the PC04, but it seems unlikely that I'll get the chance to acquire a PC04 anytime soon. I do have this Addmaster 601-1 paper tape reader, but can't locate any documentation (schematic, tech...
  8. ftcnet

DEC M8399 Remote Boot Omnibus dual-wide option

Here's a rare one. It's the M8399 Remote Boot option. Side 1 has "PLUG INTO ROWS C AND D ONLY ON PDP/8A OR 8E" etched on it. It's the only dual-wide Omnbus option that I'm aware of. What type of configuration needed/used this option? What did the cable connect to? Is the DEC4011 IC some...
  9. ftcnet

H960 rack -deliver to you, RL11 (M7762) available

I bought this eBay listing and am en-route to pick it up on Monday (16th). I just want the two RL02's, pack + cable. I know it's very short notice, but if anyone in northern CA, OR or WA wants the rack I'll deliver it to you on my way back to BC. Canada. DM/PM me your offer. I'll reply...
  10. ftcnet

DECUS 12-Bit SIG Newsletters archive

The oldest (1971-1978 ) DECUS 12-Bit SIG Newsletters have been online for a while, so I finally got around to scanning my collection of the newer (1978-1985) ones. Thanks to Al Kossow (Bitsavers.org) they are now available online at: Index of /pdf/dec/decus/pdp8/12-bit_SIG ... but we're still...
  11. ftcnet

Free Omnibus RAM PCB's

I found a couple of dozen of these blank PCB's. It looks like they were meant to be part of a two-board set, but I only have this part of a set. Here's the other side. Since it's a 13 x 4 array I'm assuming it was meant for an Omnibus environment (12 data + 1 parity)? What could you use...
  12. ftcnet

Available Omnibus options and accessories

Here's a list of current DEC PDP-8 Omnibus family (8A,E,F,M) compatible hardware sources that may be of interest. Instead of waiting for the item you need to show up on eBay, check this list. Some items may be 'in-stock', but most of them assume you know how (or are willing to learn how) to...
  13. ftcnet

pdp8/E interface manual (preliminary)

Does anyone recognise this document? Is it available online anywhere? It was the only item that was of interest to me in a recent eBay DEC document collection (but not worth $215.+). Maybe it was included as part of another document that is online?
  14. ftcnet

PDP-8 documentation archive?

Where are the best places to look for PDP-8 documentation? DEC manuals, handbooks, engineering drawings (print sets), ECO's, etc..? I found Highgate's page, but some of the links seem non-responsive. There's bunch more at Bitsavers, but seems to be incomplete. I presume much of the PDP-8...
  15. ftcnet

Source for 8E/H960 rack parts?

Looking for these rack parts to make my 8E system look 'finished'. Not sure of the correct names, but I describe them as: 1 - PDP8/E color non-logo rack top panel 2 - PDP8/E color logo rack top panel 3 - half-height filler panel 4 - inter-rack filler strip 5 - full-height filler panel...
  16. ftcnet

Serial to TCP/IP converter?

What's a good choice for a serial to TCP/IP converter that works with OS/8? I've seen some low-cost (~$50) ones that support a variety of modes but no mention of XON-XOF (^S-^Q) flow control. I have my 8/E in a detached shop about 150 ft. away from my house. Shop has Cat6 Ethernet to the...
Back