• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. pan069

A driver model in C (16bit DOS)

Hi all. I'm working on a little project for which I want to have a driver model. E.g. to have an external binary file (e.g. a .COM file) that can be loaded into memory and and then functions within the file to be executed. I was wondering if anyone has an example on how to do this? I'm using...
  2. pan069

MASM struct and pointer syntax

Imagine I have a STRUCT that looks like this: STUDENT struct status db ? age db ? name 20 dup(?) STUDENT ends And that I have a pointer to such a STRUCT in memory: student_ptr dd STUDENT I.e. the high word of student_ptr is the segment, the lower word of student_ptr is the offset...
  3. pan069

MOD player Porta to Note effect

Hey everyone, I have a question re. the Porta to Note effect that I am trying to implement in my MOD player. My MOD player seems to be working correctly, I'm loading the patterns and sample data and I can playback MODs that don't use effects too much and they sound correct. However, once I...
  4. pan069

Calling function in interrupt hander

Doing a bit more work this weekend on my Sound Blaster project. I seem to have the DMA setup working [1] however, I seem to be running into a problem running on real hardware. The IRQ seemed to be triggered by the SB at the correct intervals, however, in my IRQ handler I was calling a callback...
  5. pan069

DMA addressing

Hi all! I'm playing around with some digital sound blaster stuff and I have question about DMA addressing. Various texts I have been reading through point out that a DMA transfer can't cross 64k boundries. This makes sense since that is a general limitation of real mode DOS. However, what I am...
Back