• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

26 to 34 pin question. Does the Compaq portable 486c have non standard floppy pinout?

Ive been tinkering with my Compaq Portable 486C that has a bad floppy drive. I ordered one of those gotek floppy emulators like ive seen others use in various vintage computing sites. I also ordered a 26 pin to 34 pin adapter like this one...
  2. R

compaq portable 486c upgrades. amd 5x86 133 working! whoo hoo

the other day i bought a amd 586 133 chip on ebay hoping it would work in place of the 486 dx2 66 that was in there. the one i bought was a PNY quickchip with board revision E. i went to install it earlier last week and the computer wouldnt boot. i was a bit bummed. so i popped the 486 dx2 66...
  3. R

compaq 82084 1.44mb floppy for a portable 486c

Hey Folks, Looking for a compaq portable 486c 1.44mb floppy drive. Mine took a dump. It worked years ago but when i tried to access a floppy today, no dice. the machine has that proprietary connector so its not like i can dangle a 34pin/separate power connector out of the machine unless i...
  4. R

Hello

Hey Folks, New here... My name is Brian and I've been tinkering around with computers since the 90's. I recently scavenged a Compaq Portable 486C from by inlaws basement to mess with so I'm sure I'll have questions. Brian
Back