• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Ibm Pc Xt

Yep, writing this until bed. Got an XT (ibm 5160) Today at a Junk sale for $8 (surprisingly, with keyboard in packaging and box, and orig. IBM MGA Moniter) was wondering on getting an EGA card in it with good results (i.e, as if it was made to do ega.) Any suggestions? (sorry if it sounds like...
  2. D

power inverter.. help.

Hi guys, been a while since I posted. I'm going on a trip, and have been hankering to try out this neat little setup I have; A Super Nes hooked to a portable TV via f-type to rca adapter, and the thing I'm hoping to use to convert the snes power to the car supports no higher than 5 watts...
  3. D

Forgotten EGA games..

I've recently gone to thinking about the first ever EGA game I ever played, Monster Bash, and wondered if anybody else had any classics they remebered. Caves of Thor rox.
  4. D

Riven: Sequel to Myst

I know everybody out there who gets bored after 2 minutes of playing this game hates it, I still have to inquire. Bought a copy at goodwill and have been hooked for days, its that fun. I just wish there was more support for it in today's society, agree? don't agree? Well, It's still a good...
  5. D

Macintosh SE

I ran into my former middle school teacher. I talked and asked him what computers he used in the 80's (I learned that he did have a trs-80 still, but gave it to his son, but this was only the begining of our conversation), suddenly, I was talking to him and he mentioned that he owned two...
  6. D

Classical music on PC.

I had this great idea! Would it not be interesting to see how well one could create a monotonic file of a classical song from composers like bach and beethoven to play through a internal pc speaker? we could export the binary and code on this forum! I know alot of people have done this before...
  7. D

Old German Vintage computer convention

Yes, This was actually from 1998. I found this while searching for vintage ibm ps/2 moniters. It is very interesting because I always knew that germany was one of the biggest centers of nostalgic gaming and computing, but I never saw such an extensive exhibit like this. Tell me what you think...
  8. D

os/2 warp 4 for ps/2 486

Hi, I recently learned that I'm going to get this ps/2 486 from my relatives down south. and I realized that os/2 may be dead or much older on the 486 I'm getting. I'm looking for the main install disk images, but the computer might only have floppy so I was wondering if anybody had some disk...
  9. D

apple IIe moniter

I got an apple IIe with moniter, Duodisk, and printer this summer. how can I tell what type of moniter I have? If it's green monochrome, could I be able to find a color one? would I need to add a card that goes into the apple IIe to give it direct color moniter support? The poor thing has been...
  10. D

Old generic EGA pc...

I went to this sale at a church, when right as i stepped in, i saw this old pc sitting on a table with a ega moniter, a printer, and logitech 3 button AT mouse. With quick skill, i talked the head honcho down to $5 for the whole system. the company logo on the front is MMG. Has anybody ever...
Back