• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

IBM 43p (7043-150) OS install help

Thanks! This has been perhaps the most demanding build I've done so far... the case needed (and still needs) work, there was a bad SD card, plenty of non-working disk images, a keyboard that prevented me from installing, and quite a bit of learning curve on installing AIX and configuring...
  2. M

The installation on ZuluSCSI's virtual hard drive did work but as it wasn't quite fast enough, it was a bit sluggish to use. However I was able to use that to mount the old volume group in the bigger of the two original hard disk drive to pull out some files. The printing background was indeed...
  3. M

I was just able to proceed with the install by trying another keyboard! For some reason the one I was using first worked fine in the System Management Service / boot but stopped working when AIX booted or the installation was started. Now with another PS/2 keyboard I was able to get the...
  4. M

Ok, I am making some progress here... The machine starting by itself when AC was connected was due to a missing jumper on the remote boot pins on the motherboard, fixed now. I was getting RAM errors but that was because I had it in wrong slots (the manual which covers 140, 150 and 240 models...
  5. M

Hi. I bought an interesting re-branded IBM 43p; a "CreoScitex Brisque Impose": The bottom sticker says "IBM Italia, Machine Type: 7043-150" so I believe it's simply an OEM thing with custom stickers slapped on to the case. The machine came without a PSU or RAM, but since a helpful member...
  6. M

Northern Europe WTB: IBM 7043-150 (RS/6000) power supply

I bought one from Wildfire (thanks again - the computer works now!) so this thread can be closed/archived.
  7. M

Belkin KVM

I can't be sure, but I have a ATEN CS-104 Master View which looks identical (apart from case color and front panel graphic). The Aten's manual says the RJ11 is for connecting an external foot switch and shows the pinout: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10804/Aten-Cs-104.html?page=10#manual
  8. M

Attaching a battery to a 386 motherboard

I believe I have the very same motherboard. This is the closest-looking model that I've found: https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/A/ACER-INC-486-KMX-AL25-33SX.html I was just recently using the motherboard to test something and I couldn't find my placeholder-battery-solution that I used...
  9. M

Old ITT Data Modem 1181 V21

Thanks! That cordless phone of yours looks great, @Torch. The leather looks stunnigly good for the age. Are those even leds or just small bulbs? I haven't been able to figure out much more, but I've keep working on getting a known-good test setup first with newer modems and my VoIP box (still...
  10. M

Perkin Elmer 550 Terminal Schematic?

Perhaps all three won't have the same damages and perhaps you can get at least one good out of them :) (If you end up with an extra CRT with life left on it, I might be interested ;) ) Can you post an image of the 3210 control panel? Sounds like a neat project if you could hook it up to a Pi...
  11. M

Perkin Elmer 550 Terminal Schematic?

That looks rough, good luck (y) The vent holes on the rear are somewhat recessed so perhaps the insides are not as bad as the exterior. I have a working unit (although with a very worn CRT), haven't been able to find a schematic or a service manual. I've added a list of electrolytics into the...
  12. M

Old ITT Data Modem 1181 V21

Hello all. I bought this gem for 8 EUR. About the only thing that comes up on google is the auction where I bough this. It's missing the buttons on the front, also there was no power supply but the PCB text says 20V (AC) and using a US Robotics 20vAC PSU (from a much later modem) does work...
  13. M

HP 712 Firmware Patch

Thanks @Aryseche and @legodude! With the information on this thread I was able to upgrade my machine from ROM 1.9 to 2.3. I went with the TFTP route and it was indede very easy - once I had figured out how to set it up on my new OpenWRT router (which I bought partly due to wanting to test...
  14. M

Yes, this is a real 43p Model 150 underneath the CreoScitex labels (the bottom case label says IBM and the model number 7043-150 which is 43p Model 150). I've been looking at power supplies and I believe that in addition to the original 40H7563 (listed in the IBM service manual) the ones with...
  15. M

Hello. I've bought a "CreoScitex Brisque Impose" (OEM:d IBM 7043-150 PowerPC) machine. It needs quite a bit of mechanical cleaning first but looks ok other than missing the power supply. I believe the IBM FRU is 40H7563, it's a 250W job with special power connectors to the motherboard and the...
  16. M

Nextstation color and Turbocolor using the ADB keyboard.

Not sure, but I seem to remember reading about ADB requiring a certain version of ROM to work; found this on NetBSDs next68k FAQ: "ADB peripherals are only supported on NeXT hardware with ROM version v.74 (most turbo systems and some later non-turbo systems)".
  17. M

Commodore PC-1 repair

Little update (very little progress too, I haven't really had the energy to work on this for a while now) I desoldered the first bank of RAM from the motherboard. All chips tested good and I re-installed it with sockets. I have the four-digit LPT post card now, with it I get: Stock ROM: stops...
  18. M

Commodore PC-1 repair

Thanks, modem7. The POST card is identical to your to your article and right, it seems it's not of use in this case. I know that the PC1 is CGA on paper, but it doesn't seem to be totally compatible as certain games that won't detect it as CGA. Ruud's diag wouldn't initialize the video on my...
  19. M

Commodore PC-1 repair

Little more testing: Ruud's diag: short-long-short beep, ISA-adapter + modern POST card shows 80. Could this point to "checkpoint 8D (hex), then display "Test of video RAM failed.", then halt". The machine indeed halts, pressing the reset-button produces the short-long-short beep again, the...
Back