• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

IBM 43p (7043-150) OS install help

Hi. I bought an interesting re-branded IBM 43p; a "CreoScitex Brisque Impose": The bottom sticker says "IBM Italia, Machine Type: 7043-150" so I believe it's simply an OEM thing with custom stickers slapped on to the case. The machine came without a PSU or RAM, but since a helpful member...
  2. M

Old ITT Data Modem 1181 V21

Hello all. I bought this gem for 8 EUR. About the only thing that comes up on google is the auction where I bough this. It's missing the buttons on the front, also there was no power supply but the PCB text says 20V (AC) and using a US Robotics 20vAC PSU (from a much later modem) does work...
  3. M

Northern Europe WTB: IBM 7043-150 (RS/6000) power supply

Hello. I've bought a "CreoScitex Brisque Impose" (OEM:d IBM 7043-150 PowerPC) machine. It needs quite a bit of mechanical cleaning first but looks ok other than missing the power supply. I believe the IBM FRU is 40H7563, it's a 250W job with special power connectors to the motherboard and the...
  4. M

Commodore PC-1 repair

Hi. I bought a non-working Commodore PC-1, told to be untested due to a missing power supply. It wasn't too expensive and I was hoping for just a simple power supply -remake (there are several write-ups of this as the orignal PSU seems to be rather fragile and there is a MeanWell RPT-60B which...
  5. M

PiSCSI / how to mount the CD-ROM drive under Solaris 2.6?

Hi. I am trying to use a PiSCSI device to emulate an external SCSI drive on my Sparcstation 4 to use ISO images of software for the machine. I have correct cable + adapter to connect them together, the termination is on on the PiSCSI and if I mount a disc (with the correct block size of 512) I...
  6. M

NetMetrix/UX for HP-UX/Solaris (HP LanProbe network monitor)

Hi. (This is more a software question but as it seem to be heavily tied to HP-UX side of things, I though this sub would be more suitable) I bought this nifty little device just recently, a HP LanProbe III (4986A). I found a manual for the close-enough -B model and it talks about the software...
  7. M

Network General Sniffer software

Hi, I bought from a local aucion a Network general sniffer ethernet card, manuals and disks. This is a fascinating product (not to mention the puns of the Sniffer name). Using a 386 motherboard and DOS6.2 I've so far managed to install the version 4 of the software and I can launch the network...
  8. M

Commodore PC-1 CGA compatibility

Hi, I have a Commodore PC-1, which I have upgraded to 640k of RAM. Some games that I’ve tried to run, and I *presumed* should run on the machine (like Arkanoid, Prince of Persia etc) complain that they cannot detect CGA hardware and refuse to run. Arkanoid II complains that it can’t detect any...
  9. M

Northern Europe WTB: Sun Sparcstation 4 parts

Hi, I have a SS4 which is missing some parts. Anyone have the following as spares? Internal SCSI hard disk mounting cradle (frame into which the HDD is mounted, with the handle to lock the cradle in place) SCSI cable from motherboard to the CD-ROM drive Mounting bracket and 1" front bezel for...
  10. M

Typo: "Icerland" in the marketplace country list

In the Northern Europe country list it says "Icerland" when I believe it should be "Iceland" :)
  11. M

Help to ID an unknown 16-bit ISA board (Curtis INC ROMRISK PCM2, 1993)?

Hello. Included in a local auction with couple misc. ISA boards, I got this mystery board, see photos below (sorry for the potato-quality). Can anyone shed any light on what it might be? :) My google-fu failed me and I can't find any leads on this. The board says: "CURTIS INC. TM ROMDISK...
  12. M

Identifying an 8-bit ISA graphics card (Paraside PEGA2 chipset)

Hi. I got this ISA card inside a Commodore PC10-II that I just bought. Can anyone recognize this graphics adapter? It looks quite a bit like this but the connections are in slightly different locations and the jumpers don't quite match. Mainly I'd need to know how to configure the DIP switches...
Back