• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. TechCowboy

Technology to allow me to continue to enjoy Vintage Computers

Braille terminals are insanely expensive.
  2. TechCowboy

Advent of Computing - New podcast on the block

I've just discovered the podcast and am rapidly consuming its' content. If you haven't covered this yet, you could do an episode on the SuperPET which provided one of the first attempts to offload mainframes using microcomputers.
  3. TechCowboy

Smart Glasses that read text! That's the ticket. I'll look into those. I can probably make one. Great idea!
  4. TechCowboy

FujiNet has S.A.M. built into it. That could cover a bunch of platforms since it supports Apple ][, Atari, and ADAM... Good idea
  5. TechCowboy

I'm slowly losing my sight, but I love programming and using my vintage computers. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can continue to enjoy my systems when I eventually lose my sight. I have a bunch of 8-bit computers; Atari, ADAM, ZX-80, etc. and a few 16-bit systems: Atari, Amiga, etc...
  6. TechCowboy

Accessiblity and Atari Computers

I'm slowly losing my sight, but I want to be able to continue to program and use my vintage computers. CP/M on the Atari could be an option since it's basically text based. Any other ideas? I'm not blind yet, so now's the time to build any special equipment. Throw all your ideas in.
  7. TechCowboy

Apple //e Clone (Orange ? )

Looking for diagnostic suggestions. I have an North American Apple //e Clone that some people think is an Orange (based on the keyboard) There is nothing identifying the model except for the "apple" keys. A year ago I upgraded it to be an enhanced //e and it ran fine. Symptoms: A couple of...
Back