• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Vinpaq

Looking for software 'Windows For Pen Computing 2.0' for my w95 Compaq Concerto

new link: https://www.vinpaq.com/downloads/softpaq/sp1354.exe (I use https now instead of http)
  2. Vinpaq

Trouble making Compaq setup disks for Compaq portable from Softpaq files.

Yes, but perhaps if the files are corrupt, you could try one of mine. And if I understand correctly you did try to install it on low density 5in floppy's? Or did you succeed with that but the install on the actual Compaq goes wrong?
  3. Vinpaq

Trouble making Compaq setup disks for Compaq portable from Softpaq files.

Just to put it out there, I have all softpaq zipfiles on a server. You can find them here: https://vinpaq.com/download/softpaq
  4. Vinpaq

Compaq Portable 286!

I have done that, now I can more easily use my P2. (installing a 3.5in floppy)
  5. Vinpaq

Compaq Portable 286!

Looks amazing! Great find!
  6. Vinpaq

Compaq Portable 1070 10

Nice, you also have the feed. This 286 model is more rare as they built fewer of them. I would recommend Compaq MSDOS 3.1 or 3.31, but I think it can support newer DOS versions as well. A 286 can technically run 6.22 Yes, 360K drives.
  7. Vinpaq

Compaq Portable 1070 10

The Portable 286 is a model that was produced to have a 286 on the market before the smaller Portable 2 with a 286 came out. These were always equiped with an HDD, just like the Portable Plus. More information here: Portable 286 (my website, here you can also find all drivers.) It should be a...
  8. Vinpaq

Big Boxed PC Games

Nice, I did have SWAT but currently... I'll have to look. @The funny green filly Cool!
  9. Vinpaq

Replacing the screen of a Compaq Portable 486c

Very cool, next thing I would like to design and print is the door/flap over the ports on the side of the 486, a lot of the 486's I come across don't have that anymore. This is how far I currently am. Here's an image of the original one that I borrowed from a friend to take measurements:
  10. Vinpaq

Compaq SLT 386s/20 Prototype

This is awesome, may I use one of the pictures on my website?
  11. Vinpaq

Big Boxed PC Games

When they came out, I played them on the PC's of my father (period 1993-2000, in 2000 I got my own pc ;) ). Back in the day there was something called PC Private Project in the Netherlands, that was an incentive to buy PC's through the company you was working for, for free, with discount or...
  12. Vinpaq

Vintage Compaq Collection Vinpaq

That laptop is also being used in the serie Friends by Chandler btw, he uses it to screw with the Facebook account of Ross.
  13. Vinpaq

That's because the LTE 4/33c is a different laptop from an Aero: https://vinpaq.com/compaq-collection/contura-aero-4-33c Your LTE (lite?) 4/33C I'm currently trying to buy an LTE 4/##C, very hard to find these days.
  14. Vinpaq

Hi all, I'm currently busy with collecting Compaq laptops and portables. The collection is limited to the year 2002, after that HP acquired Compaq. I started this collection because of a Friends episode where Chandler boosts about the specs of a Contura. I decided that I wanted that laptop as...
  15. Vinpaq

Very cool to see! How did you manage to click it in? (I even wonder how they did it when it was manufactured, did a lot break?) I would suggest to sand the outside with sandpaper. (first a coarse one to remove the 'steps' and then with a fine grit to get it a bit smooth.) Then paint it in the...
  16. Vinpaq

Ok, I found out that the pendrivers were included in beta versions of W95 (Chicago). I downloaded one of the latest versions and I found these files in the PLUSPACK folder: Opening the PEN.HLP file confirms that it is about Pen support. Could I simply copy these pen drivers to my windows 95...
  17. Vinpaq

Hi all, I'm trying to find a copy of "Windows For Pen Computing 2.0'. I already have the 1.0. thanks!
  18. Vinpaq

Looking for a Compaq Concerto (front cover)

I would love to buy a Concerto for parts. Of course it may be in a working condition but I need a new front cover, for the one on mine broke during shipment. (Darn UPS!)
  19. Vinpaq

Ok, another update. The last version was a bit hard to get in (the axis was too long), so 1 broke. The other feet I sanded the axis and one axis also at an angle. Then it clicked into place and because the 'at an angle' sanded side of the axis is not used when using the feet. As you can see...
  20. Vinpaq

I'm working on some prototypes, had the same problem. This version, the axis are too short. Next one will also have that middle edge. Thanks for those pictures! Next version:
Back