• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Two Questions about AST IO Plus II and Tandon Drive Select

I know why the drive worked as configured. Some idiot, instead of breaking the shunt, they cut the legs off. I pulled the shunt insert and it had all but leg 1 and 3 cut on one side and 1 on other side is the one sticking out. So they went about it the wrong way since looking at it gave no...
  2. T

Supermicro P5STE Motherboard PS/2 Mouse Problem

I'm attaching a pic of the battery. In it you can the corrosion was limited to the board under the battery and the 2 FBs. I was told those were ferrite beads and not to push anything under them as they can easily break. That they wouldn't have a negative effect if removed as they are only...
  3. T

Tandon TM100-2A spin motor issue

I would do a careful inspection of the capacitors on the drive motor board. I have had two where the caps leaked and had no idea until the drive started acting up. Spinning problems and then no spin at all. I have a thread there, somewhere, with pics. Even if the caps aren't leaking, they...
  4. T

Okay, need to trace from header to pins 93 and 94 on the chip.
  5. T

Yeah, lighting is making some traces seem like the coating is gone or wearing, but it's like that over the entire board. There were a couple traces that were kind of black and crusty, but when I cleaned them off, they still looked that way and tested good. There is still some corrosion under...
  6. T

On a system with a PS/2 mouse, but just an AT Keyboard, is the mouse alone on a controller? Also, what is that controller? I have an odd mouse issue and had to switch to a serial mouse. When I boot the system with a PS/2 mouse connected, all is well until I start using the mouse. It will...
  7. T

Copy 2 PC Option Board

I remember Lotus 123, before version 3.0, had the stupid SuperLock copy protection. Can't count the number of times I had to fix a messed up install. Company wouldn't allow us to using anything to remove the copy protection.
  8. T

I have quite a few 25 pin header to DB25 cables packed away. Never know when you'll need one.
  9. T

I can do that. I think I will jumper it like the other one and remove the shunt block. Would an 8 pin dip plug right in? I figure the socket has to be compatible with a switch bank designed to be soldered.
  10. T

Okay, so I'm thinking that if I populate U14, 15 and 17 I should be able to use the parallel port.
  11. T

Okay, so the AST board I have seems to have had the second serial port chip installed, but I can't figure out if this thing has the parallel port installed. I see so many empty sockets, but the only ones I can figure out are the ones that enable Apple Joysticks. I am attaching a pic of the...
  12. T

Copy 2 PC Option Board

That's the thing. I can't think of a use, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. If it's only function is copy protection bypassing, then I don't. I just don't know all the functions it might have.
  13. T

Copy 2 PC Option Board

I know how it is installed, what I was asking is if I really need to keep it installed if there is no use for it anymore. I can free up a slot if there is no practical use for it.
  14. T

Copy 2 PC Option Board

Does this board still have a use nowadays? If so, what can be done with it? Can it fix my MS-DOS Activision disks that won't install anymore because I didn't uninstall? First time, HD died. Second time, I forgot to uninstall all of them before reformatting. So I have 3 games that won't...
  15. T

Assistance Creating Disk for Model 4 Gate Array

It worked like a charm. The M4 formatted disk worked perfectly and I was able to copy files to it. Now I need to make a TRSDOS disk as gbasic doesn't run with LSDOS.
  16. T

That did it! I can now read the disk I formatted in the Model 4. I'm going to move some files to it and see if the M4 can read it. Thanks!
  17. T

Okay, my floppy drives are DS0 is a 1.44 and DS1 is a 1.2. I have floppies in both and I set them up as shown in the first attached pic. When I try to access them, I get what is shown in the second attached pic. Either it is not working as intended, or I'm just missing something and need to...
  18. T

Didn't think about the index. Bummer.
  19. T

I have that and I loaded it. Still won't access drive. I tested the FDC with the tester that came with IMD. I don't know if this valid for the emulator usage.
  20. T

That's exactly what I did. However, when I tried to access a drive higher than 1, it returned an invalid drive error. I made sure to use the correct one for a B: drive that is 1.2MB. So drive 2 showed FHD1_360.DSK being used, but I could not access it as a drive.
Back