• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Wolfenstein 3D CGA edition

I have converted Wolfenstein 3D to play in CGA! Source and binaries are available on the Github page here: https://github.com/jhhoward/WolfensteinCGA Here is an overview of features I have added to this version Mode 5 black/red/cyan/white palette version (selected by default) Mode 4...
  2. J

Compact flash woes with DOS palmtops

I have a small collection of DOS palmtop computers: an HP 100LX, a Sharp PC-3000 and a clone of a Tidalwave PS-1000 They all have PCMCIA slots, so I use a compact flash adapter and 32MB compact flash cards, to store data and easily transfer files between my modern PC and the palmtops. I also...
  3. J

Video output over parallel port?

I have some old DOS based laptops which have monochrome LCD screens but no video output port. Has anyone ever tried making something to output video over the parallel port? The setup I am imagining is something like a Pi Zero connected to the parallel port of the PC and a custom TSR continuously...
  4. J

Xircom Pocket Ethernet EEPROM unreadable error

I am trying to connect my Sharp PC-3000 palmtop to my network using a Xircom PE3-10BC pocket ethernet adapter by connecting it to the computer's parallel port. I'm having a problem when I run the PE3TEST.EXE diagnostic program it displays the error "Adapter address EEPROM unreadable". This does...
  5. J

Possible to do texture mapped pseudo 3D rendering on a 8088 / CGA machine?

Over the years I've developed several pseudo 3D renderers similar to Wolfenstein 3D for various bits of hardware. Most recently Catacombs Of The Damned! for the Arduboy which runs on an Atmega chip with only 2.5KB of RAM. I also developed a demo for the Uzebox, another microcontroller based...
Back