• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. nullvalue

Cromemco JS-1 Joystick Replica

So to go along with the Dazzler replica we've been working on, I'd like to get a couple of joystick "consoles" to go with it. I plan to have a Dazzler exhibit at VCF Midwest and think it would be great to have a working demo where visitors can play some actual games. Problem is, these joysticks...
  2. nullvalue

Vector Graphic VSX (GSX?) system on eBay

Spotted this Vector Graphic system on eBay, I couldn't find anything on the VSX, but did find some information about the GSX - which ran CPM-86 and GEM. Being an 8086 system it's probably not actually an S-100 system but figured this was the closest match forum...
  3. nullvalue

Midwest (eBay) Memory Punch II - "Speed Shift 3.5" Diskettes 720k to 1.44 Meg"

Spotted this unusual diskette device on eBay and thought I'd share.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/304687458492 I've heard of notching devices for 5.25" disks, but never seen one for 3.5" disks before.. I'm so tempted to buy this just for the novelty of it.
  4. nullvalue

Midwest IBM 5153 CGA Monitor : $200 - local pickup only

IBM 5153 CGA Monitor in very good condition - tested/working producing a crisp/bright image. I have two, so am selling one. Unfortunately I've seen too many of these smashed to bits regardless of how well it was packed, so I won't be attempting to ship this. I'm in Northwest Indiana (45-60 mins...
  5. nullvalue

Midwest WTB: A few S-100 items I've been after..

Please let me know if you'd part with any of the following: Cromemco FDC-16 or FDC-64 floppy disk controller board Cromemco WDI-II hard disk controller board Vector Graphic Dual Mode FD-HD floppy/hard disk controller board Vector Graphic Vector 4 - Complete Computer (original or restored)
  6. nullvalue

Oregon Trail DOS 5.25" Floppy Images

I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I can download the IBM/Tandy DOS release 2.1 of Oregon Trail? It was distributed on 2 DD 360KB disks as you can see in this eBay listing. I can find the files for the game online, but not an image of the original floppies.
  7. nullvalue

Good quiet 120VAC Case Fan Replacement

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good 120V AC mains fan replacement for our old rigs? One of my S100 computers sounds like a jet engine. These old fans blow a lot of air but they're so loud. Anyone know of a good 120mm X 38mm fan that's quieter? I seen this one on Amazon but it says it's...
  8. nullvalue

Best/Most Reliable DD 5.25" Floppy Drive

So, I'm putting together a dedicated Greaseweazle box and discovered the spare DD drive I was going to use is no longer writing reliably (Mitsubishi MF501A-301UD) On the HD 1.2MB side of things I happen to have a TEAC FD-55GFR which I think is a really well built drive and favored among many of...
  9. nullvalue

What kind of terminal is this?

I got this a while back in an S-100 lot I picked up. In that lot was a normal serial terminal, but I also got this one. It has a DB-25 port on the back but this goes straight to the keyboard only, there are no serial logic boards inside. The video input is BNC connector, but none of the...
  10. nullvalue

Could use some help restoring my Mitsubishi Diamond Scan AUM-1381A

It seems to those who are "in the know" that this particular monitor is highly respected among vintage computer collectors due to it's versatility. It supports damn near everything from CGA/EGA/VGA to Amiga, Atari, Macintosh and I'm sure plenty of other things as well. For those reasons I'd like...
  11. nullvalue

CompatiCard IV - Change Drive Order

I am using some imaging software that seems to only supports floppies on A: or B:. I'm trying to change the drive order without continually having to swap the wiring. I have a 3.5" [A:], 5.25" 1.2MB [B:] and a 5.25" 360KB [E:]. They all come up and work as expected. According to the docs, I...
  12. nullvalue

Midwest Vintage Mouse Blowout Sale Extravaganza!

Welcome to nullvalue's Virtual Used Mouse Lot - That's right folks, we have the best used mice in the whole midwest. You've never seen such amazing deals! They're first come, first serve and they won't last long! They may have a few miles on them, but there's plenty of life in 'em. We have...
  13. nullvalue

Help with DOS Serial Pipe Transfers

So I have a hardware device I've built which has a MAX3232 chip on it for sending data over serial. The device works perfect as I can send/receive data in a terminal program no problem. I am running MS-DOS 6.22 on a 486 machine. What my device will do is send some data out onto the serial port...
  14. nullvalue

Midwest Wanted: 8" Floppy Drive Enclosure

Looking for an enclosure which can house single or (preferably) dual 8" floppy drive. Already have the drives. Power supply doesn't matter as I already have one. Condition doesn't matter all too much either - let me know if you have something collecting dust/rust that might work.
  15. nullvalue

Name that BASIC..

Ok so in the mid-90's I spent a lot of time downloading various languages for DOS to play with.. Mostly different versions of BASIC since that's what I was familiar with.. I think I was looking for one that could compile to .EXE since all I had was QBASIC at the time. Anyways, I am trying to...
  16. nullvalue

Midwest Need a floppy cable for an 8" drive (50-pin)

Need a cable for an 8" floppy drive. Edge connector at one end and dual row pin header at the other end. 1 or 2 positions will work, length doesn't matter too much - ideally 2-3' since its for self-contained enclosure. Let me know if you have a spare you'd part with. Thanks!
  17. nullvalue

Midwest CopyPro 2000 3.5" Floppy Disk Duplicators : $350ea + shipping

I have 2 diskette duplicators in great condition. Refurbished (cleaned, rails lubricated, etc) - both have had the core drives replaced with BRAND NEW genuine CopyPro drives. I have put about 50 disks through each one and they're working flawlessly. $350 ea + shipping or free local pickup in NW...
  18. nullvalue

Looking for "BASIC/Z - Native Code Compiler" software

I acquired an S100 system from the original owner last year and along with it, a bunch of manuals. Among them were 2 binders for "BASIC/Z". The owner said he actually knew the developer of the language. He told me that he developed some kind of software - and used it to run his...
  19. nullvalue

Midwest WTB: S100 Vector Graphic FD-HD Controller Board (Hard Drive Controller)

Looking for the Vector Graphic Dual-Mode Floppy & Hard Disk controller board which is for 5/10MB Seagate. This page also seems to indicate there may be a version out there which supports a 40MB HDD? This would be preferable since I already have a 40MB MFM HDD.
  20. nullvalue

What's wrong with my C# implementation of XMODEM?

I'm trying to implement the original XMODEM protocol (128-byte packets with 1-byte checksum) in C#. So far just implementing the send file side of things. I get the 0x15 (NAK) from the client and send my packet, but the client doesn't "see" it, it just sends a NAK again after 3 seconds. Instead...
Back