• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

VGA text mode resolution/graphics experiments

Yes, I did consider the EGA possibility... I just looked it up, and your memory is correct. Sync polarity is flipped for the EGA mode. So did I get it wrong? Does negative horizontal sync mean the sync pulse is at 0V, or that the sync line is normally at 0V? I have the sync pulse at 0V, but I...
  2. M

VGA text mode resolution/graphics experiments

I have been experimenting with a home-made graphics (or rather text) adapter. Based on the MDA concept, with a character ROM and a shift register generating the video signal. But I'm trying to generate a VGA-compatible signal - which partly works... What resolution does standard VGA 80x25 text...
  3. M

Fujitsu MBM27256-25 EPROMs. Correct VPP?

I have some Fujitsu MBM27256-25 EPROMs in my EPROM drawer. I tried programming one of them, using my Leaper-10 programmer. It instantly died (the EPROM). Then I noticed the programming voltage was listed as 21V. Isn't that a bit high, for such a "modern" EPROM? I tried changing the programming...
  4. M

Seagate ST-01 SCSI card. AT required?

I have just tested a couple of Seagate ST-01 SCSI cards. I remember using one of them with an ST-157N drive years ago - but I don't remember in what system. My first test was in an XT clone board (a modern one; integrated chip-set, V20, 256kB RAM). I got this result, no matter what working...
  5. M

WTB: ISA SCSI adapter for 8-bit, bootable

Make that two actually...
  6. M

MS-DOS 3.30. Check memory in 5150.

Guess I'm doomed as well ;)
  7. M

Graphics card identification

The CGA card - with dual RCA outputs... It seems to be a RK5-CG board. Or a COLOR GRAPHIC BD-1 The back side has a logo. But that could just be the PCB manufacturer. Here's the dual RCA output stage: The board looks hand-drawn. With nice curvy traces - and slightly questionable...
  8. M

Graphics card identification

I have two graphics card of unknown origin... One is MDA compatible, but I guess Hercules as well. The other is a CGA clone. Monochrome first: There isn't much text on the card. There is this bit: M.T.C., a date code and a bit of Asian text. Japanese - according to my boyfriend... All...
  9. M

VGA cards in a 5160 - slightly weird results

I just tested a few VGA cards in my 5160 motherboard. I was using a 8513 monitor. First card was a Trident 9000i card jumpered for 8 bit mode. Didn't work (no output). But that's to be expected, as reported by sergey in another thread... Next up was an old Oak Technology OTI037C based card. It...
  10. M

What is this? Post Photos of Mystery Items Here (vintage computers only)

I have a different CGA card with two RCA connectors. And the schematic of a third one... What's the purpose of the extra output?
  11. M

Another creative packing method

I ordered a full-length card on eBay, and today I received a small box. He must have shipped the wrong item I thought. But no... The end of the card was trying to escape the box. But it stayed inside. Just... Stupid or lazy? Don't know...
  12. M

XT-IDE 74F573 latch recommended?

On the XT-IDE BOM, the latches are listed as 74F573, but the board shows 74LS573. An F latch is a lot faster - does it provide extra safety margin timing wise? I went with 74HCT573 latches so far - I had those... I got this far - now I have to order parts :) I assume the DDR gates will...
  13. M

IBM CGA Card

I'm not really sure what that extra optional output is for. It adds R, G, B, H sync and one of the "usual" signals. The bottom output circuit is identical to some of the IBM cards.
  14. M

IBM CGA Card

Interesting stuff :) I found this, in my box of manuals: But I don't have the card, unfortunately. If some of you have that card - I'm interested ;)
  15. M

IBM CGA Card

Does anyone have a spare CGA card? Somewhere in Europe would be nice, but open to all offers :)
  16. M

Boards from a 3270 PC

Thanks! I thought I was going to need my 8051 development board for this :) I tested the dca IRMA keyboard. It behaves almost exactly like your Key Tronic keyboard (http://www.seasip.info/VintagePC/kb3270.html) in IRMA mode. The only difference being that 5B and 5D are swapped (next to the...
  17. M

Olivetti M300-15 BIOS Setup

Time for an update... I finally did get it solved. I tried connecting the harddrive to my modern(ish) system. It did detect it, but fdisk reported the drive as faulty and 3MB in size. Then I dug out an IBM 486 board, and built this setup: It had no problem booting from the Olivetti drive, so...
  18. M

Boards from a 3270 PC

This one is a 1391332. I just found your page on the 3197 keyboard. Yours is type 1390876 - mine is a 1390880. An 3197 keyboard with Danish layout? Can you record the scancodes sent by the keyboard using software (before being "scrambled" by the keyboard controller)? I would like to check...
  19. M

3270 or 5250 keyboard?

I have an IBM keyboard from a terminal or terminal PC. But I'm not sure if it's from a 3270 or 5250 system. Can anyone identify it from the layout?
  20. M

Boards from a 3270 PC

I may have found the keyboard from this system. It could also by a keyboard from a 5250 terminal. I'm not familiar enough with these to tell the difference... The label on the bottom is not very informative. I also have a dca IRMAkey/3270 keyboard, that should have the correct layout...
Back