• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

VGA text mode resolution/graphics experiments

I have been experimenting with a home-made graphics (or rather text) adapter. Based on the MDA concept, with a character ROM and a shift register generating the video signal. But I'm trying to generate a VGA-compatible signal - which partly works... What resolution does standard VGA 80x25 text...
  2. M

Fujitsu MBM27256-25 EPROMs. Correct VPP?

I have some Fujitsu MBM27256-25 EPROMs in my EPROM drawer. I tried programming one of them, using my Leaper-10 programmer. It instantly died (the EPROM). Then I noticed the programming voltage was listed as 21V. Isn't that a bit high, for such a "modern" EPROM? I tried changing the programming...
  3. M

Seagate ST-01 SCSI card. AT required?

I have just tested a couple of Seagate ST-01 SCSI cards. I remember using one of them with an ST-157N drive years ago - but I don't remember in what system. My first test was in an XT clone board (a modern one; integrated chip-set, V20, 256kB RAM). I got this result, no matter what working...
  4. M

Graphics card identification

I have two graphics card of unknown origin... One is MDA compatible, but I guess Hercules as well. The other is a CGA clone. Monochrome first: There isn't much text on the card. There is this bit: M.T.C., a date code and a bit of Asian text. Japanese - according to my boyfriend... All...
  5. M

VGA cards in a 5160 - slightly weird results

I just tested a few VGA cards in my 5160 motherboard. I was using a 8513 monitor. First card was a Trident 9000i card jumpered for 8 bit mode. Didn't work (no output). But that's to be expected, as reported by sergey in another thread... Next up was an old Oak Technology OTI037C based card. It...
  6. M

Another creative packing method

I ordered a full-length card on eBay, and today I received a small box. He must have shipped the wrong item I thought. But no... The end of the card was trying to escape the box. But it stayed inside. Just... Stupid or lazy? Don't know...
  7. M

XT-IDE 74F573 latch recommended?

On the XT-IDE BOM, the latches are listed as 74F573, but the board shows 74LS573. An F latch is a lot faster - does it provide extra safety margin timing wise? I went with 74HCT573 latches so far - I had those... I got this far - now I have to order parts :) I assume the DDR gates will...
  8. M

IBM CGA Card

Does anyone have a spare CGA card? Somewhere in Europe would be nice, but open to all offers :)
  9. M

3270 or 5250 keyboard?

I have an IBM keyboard from a terminal or terminal PC. But I'm not sure if it's from a 3270 or 5250 system. Can anyone identify it from the layout?
  10. M

8-bit Ethernet Cards - NE1000 clones?

Still going through my trash and treasures... Found these 8-bit Ethernet cards. They use the National DP8390/8391/8392 chipset, so I guess they're most likely NE1000 clones? Here's the first one: Does anybody recognise it? There's a lot of jumpers to figure out without a manual. "MADE IN...
  11. M

Olivetti M300-15 BIOS Setup

How do you enter the full BIOS setup on an Olivetti M300-15 (386SX system)? It will pop up during boot automatically when errors are detected, but you are only allowed to change the settings the system "thinks" are wrong... I need to change the disk type. According to an Olivetti service...
  12. M

Boards from a 3270 PC

I have the boards from an IBM 3270 PC (type 5271). The mainboard has a lot of bodge wires. Reading the Byte review, it's hinted that the mainboard may not be completely standard. https://archive.org/stream/byte-magazine-1984-09/1984_09_BYTE_09-09_Guide_to_the_IBM_PCs#page/n237/mode/2up Are all...
  13. M

Olivetti memory board

I have been going through my boxes of stuff, and I found this board. It's a made in Italy PC1050 MEMORY EXP BD 0095-05-00 with 128kB fitted (sockets for 256kB more). But what system is it meant for? I'm guessing something 8086 based - the oldest Olivetti system I have is 286-based... Does...
Back