• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. danielbooneamerica

What ever happened to Z-World

Of Davis California? They at one time made several TRS-80 products. There is a link of google but it takes you to DIGI....wonder if same folks?
  2. danielbooneamerica

Guessing this has been digitized?

Everyone wanting a digital copy has this? Opened an old box packed away in 1992. I am sure it's been digitized but I don't have time search it out
  3. danielbooneamerica

Flying TRS-80

Maybe...... Over last couple years or so we have had problems getting Zilog latest chips Older Z80 design chips were available but not newer latest technology from Zilog. Watching news Zilog has now been labeled as a country still selling to and supporting Russia. PBS showed file of a...
  4. danielbooneamerica

Argon computer

I have been asked to make a version of TRS-OS & it's guest LSDOS for Argon computer. I am posting here to see if any programmers with knowledge of Argon low level API for video/keyboard would be interested in having a discussion about this port? I don't want to reinvent wheel so a port to...
  5. danielbooneamerica

trs32

Hey I have the registered TRS32 emulator and am wondering if anyone else has had an issue with using mouse. It is seldom but when using emulator i sometimes lose control of mouse pointer and it jumps to upper right corner of screen and stays there. Only way I can get control of PC back is using...
  6. danielbooneamerica

LS HOST/TERM

I am trying to recreate my copy of LS HOST/TERM 6 for model 4. I have manuals and all but 2 files. This product was in Misosys 1992 catalog. I have scanned manual already but missing term6 & host6. Once I recreate originals Tim Mann said he would post to his website. At this time he does not...
  7. danielbooneamerica

Neat old video

I am sure many old salts on this forum have already seen this but for newbies like me, It was just another video for me until I seen a dude issuing voice commands to a Model I. He was using a mic that looked like it belonged to a car in one Adam 12. I don’t guess that is so impressive but...
  8. danielbooneamerica

TRS-80 S.E. OHIO

I have several 4P of various stages of disrepair, some model 4 desktop in different stages of disrepair. Things are dusty, dirty or both. I would like to get rid of this in one lot. Will meet somewhere if interested. I am in southeast Ohio. I had one XLR8 MANY people have asked to buy...
  9. danielbooneamerica

Running TRSDOS on Z180 & eZ80

Regarding my efforts to execute TRSDOS SYS1-13 on newer hardware. update......it works on eZ80 now. I refer to my project as TRS-OS. Booted TRS-OS using eZ80 @ 50mhz no wait states. Using memdisk drives and 50 MHz clock it's screaming fast. Testing out things that will and will not work...
  10. danielbooneamerica

Models 2/12/16

Please give me the 30k ft version of what collectors have today. As I understand RS used Xenix on these models as well as TRSDOS. I see lots of projects going on for these bigger machines and am wondering if you have source for Xenis or working from object/executables only? And second part of...
  11. danielbooneamerica

TRSDOS 6 system disk to file conversion

Can anyone tell me how to write a SSDD 180k system diskette (TRSDOS 6.x standard boot diskette) to a file? I want this file to be T=0 s=0 is first record, t=0 s=1 is next record etc. An exact byte for byte image of 180k floppy. I thought I had found my answer with DiskDisk that allowed you to...
  12. danielbooneamerica

The source

Only thing I can find on internet is VOL 1, says VOL 2 & 3 not available. Am I all wet and not looking in right place? If 2 & 3 not available, is there a reason (i.e Soltoff did not release for public) or is it just lost to history? Thanks
  13. danielbooneamerica

Who here speak SEL?

Systems Engineering Laboratories (also called SEL) Read legacy mag real to real tapes.
  14. danielbooneamerica

two copies of original bound 'THE SOURCE'

PM me if you need a copy.
  15. danielbooneamerica

Fortran / cobol

I need copies of RS compilers for FORTRAN & COBOL if anyone has them please. I am interested in model 4 versions only. Thanks
  16. danielbooneamerica

Physical drives & RAM drives.

I am writing a RAM disk driver and have been researching a question I had while working on this project. Looking at legacy drivers creating RAM disks on TRSDOS 6 each of them requires their own format program. I am curious about that. To me if you (or me) were developing a RAM disk driver, we...
  17. danielbooneamerica

The Source Volume 2 and 3

I noticed Tim Mann website says source vol 2 and 3 not available. Do folks already have this or should I scan mine into a PDF? Thanks
  18. danielbooneamerica

Diagnostics

As I am collecting all my TRS80 stuff in one place for a final sale I just found something that may interest others. When I had a shop and worked closely with local RS repair center they gave me my own official models 1/3/4 diagnostic disk. It has its own OS sort of, what I mean is you do not...
  19. danielbooneamerica

Craigslist alert

https://limaohio.craigslist.org/sys/d/findlay-vintage-tandy-radio-shack-trs/7286389199.html
  20. danielbooneamerica

Why did RS place a power key switch on external HDs?

I know answer to my question in title, but sometimes to make a statement it is best to pose it as a question. I have a statement as to why it is important to remember in historic content why key is there. There is one VERY rare piece of TRS80 hardware, if it even exists at all today that ties...
Back