• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Help with getting dos on a cf card with a modern pc

Okay I might sound like an idiot here, but I am stumped. I have the XT IDE for a Tandy 1400LT and I would like to install PC DOS 3.2 (Yes, the IBM version. I just want to use the IBM version for s and g's) What is the easiest way to set up my CF card. I have the program Win-Image but is that...
  2. A

The South For Trade of for sale TRS 80 Model 4D

I have a fully functional TRS 80 Model 4D (well it turns on and boots in dos but the top floppy drive won’t close. I don’t know why maybe it’s simple I’ve never opened it up) I don’t have enough room for it so if your near the Central Florida area or willing to meet me somewhere near the area...
  3. A

Need Help Creating MS DOS 6.22 Boot Disks

I have just purchased, a Tandy 1400LT and I would like to run DOS 6.22 on it since I would like to have the most up to date dos and I would like to play around with Zip Disks and other storage media that DOS 3.2 won't support. I know 6.22 cannot fit on one 720K and that is all the 1400LT has so...
  4. A

The South WTB Signature 1010 electric typewriter

Looking to purchase a Signature 1010 electric typewriter. Has to be a working and I plus like it to have a case. If you have one please pm me and we can negotiate on the price.
  5. A

Anybody on this forum own a Trabant?

Or any East German car for that matter. Would like to write a book someday and I figured it would be ideal to hear some stories about ownership of these old relics in the 21st century and what entails keeping these cars running. Funny stories are recommended (hell encouraged) and if you live in...
  6. A

Compaq Portable PC speaker?

It’s just temporary I’m getting a sound card.
  7. A

So since mine is missing and I’m probably going to go with one of those modern beepers where would be a safe place to put it?
  8. A

Well what do you know mine doesn't have a speaker I opened up the panel where it would normally be located by the crt and nothing in there! I guess it was never installed or it was removed by its previous owner!
  9. A

That connector is missing on mine I'll take a closer look. I did take the mother board out so perhaps it fell in there without me noticing.
  10. A

Does the original Compaq Portable One (mine being a revision from 1985) does not have a pc speaker at least I cannot hear mine and I haven’t seen one in my many instances or taking the computer apart to diagnose or installing something. So I was wondering can I install a pc speaker like this...
  11. A

Questions about the Panasonic Sr Partner

I was looking at a Panasonic SR Partner as I really like luggable ms-dos computers. But I read that it only can go up to 256k which is a severely limiting for what I want to do with it. Also the memory expansion is “proprietary” and I guess they wanted to save space being that it only has one...
  12. A

The South Would like a sound card for a Tandy 1400 laptop

Lo-Tech makes this for the Tandy 1400 series of laptops. https://www.lo-tech.co.uk/product/tandy-1400-xt-cf/ I was hoping that a sound card based on the resound 2 opl3 that will fit in the Tandy 1400 if this is possible. I will pay for this so hopefully we can work out a fair price. Please pm me.
  13. A

The South Would like someone to build a 3inONEder for Toshiba laptops

The man who designed and built these things is not selling and has dropped off the radar. He published his schematics on https://conventionalmemories.com/wiki_cm/3inONEder_for_Toshiba_portables So I was hoping someone could make one for me so I can use one on a Toshiba T1200. I of course will...
  14. A

The Epson Equity LT

I don’t need a hard drive per day. I’m cool with floppies. Believe me, I can swap floppy discs. I just want a working sound card.
  15. A

The Epson Equity LT

Here’s my next question has anyone made an adapter for them?
  16. A

The South Look for a Toshiba T6600C

Looking for a Toshiba T6600C either shipping or for pickup. I would like one that works and has a completely intact screen. Willing to pick up if it's in the central Florida area. If not, I will pay for shipping. Top price I am willing to pay is $300. Please PM me or respond to this post.
  17. A

Tandy 1400LT

I really like the Tandy 1400LT but the fact that you can't install a regular sound card is really annoying. Is there a sound card that someone has developed that will fit in the Tandy's 1400LT expansion slots? Or is there another method of getting sound onto it?
Back