• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Andy Kay of Kaypro has died - just announced

Apparently in August but just announced. You can search for all the details. As many know this site has many details about Kaypro. For those new to posting, just do a site search - we have a lot of specific details on many of your current questions. Have not been on in ages since busy with...
  2. G

TOPIC = New Quantum Computer ???

Can any of you “ geniuses “ give the rest of us “ the skinny “ in common terms what this is and what it may mean for the future of computing ? Article says even the experts do not know how it actually works ! Practically of course none of us could even buy one [$10 million & operates at 459...
  3. G

New different New Years idea for greetings international !

New different New Years idea for greetings international ! Dismuke radio on the internet is doing greetings across the USA & will be repeated New Years Day. They are on Facebook of course so you could join in ! They may even extend it to “ international, “ like we do on this site, in the...
  4. G

Computing 2013 – continuing to so dramatically evolve !

Computing 2013 – continuing to so dramatically evolve ! What a year it has been like so many of course ! On this site naturally, we are communicating to the “ choir ! “ Having been in it from just about the beginning, we have the perspective & a lot else to better appreciate it more than...
  5. G

Wow ! All the new “ stuff “ on the internet on Kaypros !

Wow ! All the new “ stuff “ on the internet on Kaypros ! Just got done doing a search for more info for my new website – “ astounding ! “ Many of you already probably know if did a recent search, but in case you do not, just do it ! Lots of pictures that can help with ” ID what model “ you...
  6. G

My new website name !

Old web site not operating so got new local person to start new one. Stay tuned ! Probably will be WWW.KAYPROSTSNSF.ORG not previous - WWW.KAYPROSTS.ORG Previous company went out of business suddenly. New local company may be of interst of many - check them out - WWW.studio2net.com Dave...
  7. G

Another “ computer great “ gone – Doug Englebart inventor of mouse, etc. !

Another “ computer great “ gone – Doug Englebart inventor of mouse, etc. ! Have not seen it posted here so wanted to let you know so you can do a Google search on his most incredible career ! Saw it on AOL today. He was 88 & it was kidney failure – Tuesday 07/02/2013. At least a billion...
  8. G

Replace Tandons with Teacs - Kaypros - PM to me but cannot respond

REPLACE TANDONS WITH TEACS – KAYPRO VC.COM 04/09/13 Thanks for the inquiry & hearty welcome to the “ Kaypro group “ on this site. There is a wealth of info we have accumulated on this site for you to explore – just do a search under Kaypro & even me GADFRAN. Tez from New Zealand is another...
  9. G

“How Kasparov beat IBM computer at chess – but just once - 1997 !

“How Kasparov beat IBM computer at chess – but just once - 1997 ! Very simply & briefly – One way to look at it - Both knew each other well, but not quite well enough ! Note, IBM Deep Blue was specifically programmed to beat Kasparov. Kasparov took away the huge computer database – a...
  10. G

“ Now wearable computers ! “

“ Now wearable computers ! “ USA Today 02/21/13 Page 5B By Staff & Wire Reports Anyone else saw this – comments ? Did not see note of it on this site when searched. Google co – founder Sergy Brin wears “ Google Glasses “ – with features similar to smartphones – recorded video / pictures...
  11. G

New “ physically larger “ consumer oriented computer !

In case you missed it, USA Today Wed. 01/09/2013, page MONEY 3B had an article by Ed Baig on item – “ table top size ! “ Others are expected to follow as usual. He was at CES in Las Vegas Interesting that the past emphasis was on them “ getting ever smaller,” even down to handhelds. Now...
  12. G

“Computerized “ eye glasses for us “older folks ! “

“Computerized “ eye glasses for us “older folks ! “ Holidays provide some time for me to catch up on some of my sci / tech reading for my decades of STS – NSF research. Thought some of you on this site, “ the older folks ! “ might be interested in the following., It is another very creative /...
  13. G

Cyber crime / war - Tom Clancy new book – “ Threat Vector “

Monday, December 24, 2012 Cyber crime / war - Tom Clancy new book – “ Threat Vector “ Hi ! Anybody reading this on this site ? Did a search of the site and apparently no posts. Since release 12/04/12, has been in top #5 by several determinations. Sounds like Tom is back “ big time again –...
  14. G

Bill Moggridge died at 69 – invented flip open laptop

Monday, September 10, 2012 Bill Moggridge died at 69 of cancer – invented flip open laptop. Did not see this mentioned elsewhere and may be of interest to many on this site. From WWW.HUFFINGTONPOST.COM today. Sold for $8150 and released 1982. Used by military and on Space Shuttle Discovery...
  15. G

Voluminous recent kaypro / cp/m posts on cctalk@classiccmp.org

I posted the following on their email list. Have seen nothing about it here Frank ================== I am late getting to these so voluminous threads on Kaypros and CP/M, since I was very busy on many other projects in retirement. But can add my “ two [2] cents from the extensive info I...
  16. G

Tez reference Time article on first Tandy computer – TRS-80 !

Tez, Thanks for alerting us to this. I got it from the cclist emails, but do not see it here. For those who do not know – http://techland.time.com/2012/08/03/trs-80/. Harry McCracken did the article dated 08/03/12 on the 35th anniversary ! But not in Time Magazine, only online apparently...
  17. G

Cyberweapons and Iran

Anyone following the use of the computer worm – nicknamed Stuxnet - [project code name Olympic Games] ? It literally had many of Iran’s nuclear centrifuges self destruct ! Unfortunately the worm “escaped “ and infected computers worldwide. How many times have we heard this story before [e.g...
  18. G

Computer memory expansion 1980’s to present.

Thought some of you might be interested in this. Did it as part of my STS [science, technology & society] research ========================================== Old timers – memories ! New timers – wow was that what it was like back then ! ========================================= Right –...
  19. G

Early 1950’s GE TV CRT

Thought some of you might be interested in this. Found it going thru some old pictures while doing my STS [science, technology & society] research ========================================== Old timers – memories ! New timers – wow was that what it was like back then ...
  20. G

Tez - yet another earthquake in New Zealand !

Tez, Hope you and others are ok - again ! Saw in our local newspaper, but few details. We had one this summer in NE USA - around Virginia - very unusual - but lot of shaking in Philadelphia, PA - people thought all sorts of things ! Where we live north of Philly, we felt nothing, but others...
Back