• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Checksum error on a Toshiba T1200

Something came to mind late last night. On Reddit you mentioned you replaced the RTC battery (by which I assume you mean the brown 2-cell one) with a "3.6V cordless phone NI-Mh battery". That might be too high a voltage for the RTC, the original battery is a 2.4v 50mAh Ni-Cd battery (as per this...
  2. F

Checksum error on a Toshiba T1200

As promised on Reddit I have been digging through my archive this weekend but have not found anything useful yet. I'm with Branko on checking the jumpers and using a parallel port adapter to read the fault codes (reference maintenance manual p2-12) In addition to that, check the voltages on the...
  3. F

Resurrecting Toshiba T1000

I'm also currently working on a T1000 but have a different problem (no worries, I'm not going to hijack this thread). I'll try to explain a bit on how this PSU works, though I don't think I completely understand it all yet. In researching and tracing the power supply section I have found that...
  4. F

Looking for Toshiba T1600 (internal) power supply schematics

I realize this is an old thread but this might be useful for someone stumbling onto this like me. I recently got a T1600 with a failed PSU board myself and to help me debug it I traced out most of the board to create this schematic. It's incomplete and some parts I'm not sure about, in...
  5. F

What are typical issues for Toshiba T1000LE's?

I acquired a third machine last week and replaced all the electrolytics on it with high-end Panasonic and Würth capacitors. I also cleaned the board with soapy water and IPA and reflowed some components. This machine now works flawlessly which allowed me to take some measurements, see attached...
Back