• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

PLIP support in DOS

Hi, I was looking at connecting some of my older DOS machines to my (ethernet) network for file transfer and such. I was initially looking at a Xircom PE3-like device that allows network connectivity via parallel port. Unfortunately Xircom devices expensive and hard to find. However, I know...
  2. B

IBM 5154 repair and recapping

Hi, I recently acquired an IBM 5154 in great looking condition. It was marked as "untested" but a number of other things I bought from the same seller were also "untested" and worked fine, so I'm fairly confident that I wasn't ripped off. I plugged the 5154 in to power and turned it on. The...
  3. B

Olivetti PCS Television (486)

I just won an auction for an Olivetti "PCS Television" - The problem is I can't find any information about it online! If I google "PCS Television" I find one article from 1994 that has some information on it, then a few links to the auction I won. The article states: Olivetti UK Ltd claims to...
  4. B

A prototype copy of SimRefinery has been found!

Back in the early 90s Maxis made a vast number of Sims games - But they also made a few commercial games, mainly for training and educating employees in certain fields. One of these games was SimRefinery - Which as suggested puts you in control of an oil refinery. There's a much better write-up...
  5. B

Compaq Deskpro power issues

I'm back, with another machine that won't power up ;-) I have a Deskpro - The original model (No fancy numbers here). I tried powering it on the first time and got a slight fizzle and then nothing, the machine isn't showing any signs of life. I disconnected all the peripherals (HDD/FDD and ISA...
  6. B

IBM 5160 - Troubleshooting power issues

Hi all, I have an IBM 5160 (256K) with dual floppy drives. I attempted to power it on today, the PSU powered up for a split second, there was a small pop and the magic smoke was released and the PSU fan stopped spinning. Now whenever I try to power it on nothing happens - The PSU fan does not...
Back